IV.XXIII

Rachel gasps awake.

"Rachel, are you okay?" Kory asked.

"Something happened to Conner." She stands up, "Trigon came back. And Brother Blood killed him. He... absorbed his power and his evil. It was like he absorbed his soul. I don't know how we're gonna stop him."

Rachel looked down at Conner's body, "Sebastian did this to him."

"He's not Sebastian anymore," Kory said. "Call him what he is. Brother Blood."

Gar was starting to sob, "Can- can you feel anything?"

Dick sighed, "No. Come on, let's get him back to the RV."

They all gather around him to help carry Conner.

It takes them a bit but they finally get him inside.

"Cassie!" Rachel shouts out, seeing her on the ground.

"What? What's wrong?" Dick frantically shouts.

Kory instructs, gently letting go of Conner to grab Cassie, "I got her, get Conner on the med table."

The others quickly get Conner hooked up to the table as Dick checks on Cassie.

"Cass? Cass can you hear me?" He places his hand on her cheek, trying to lift her head up.

She gasps away, her eyes were glowing a light green for a moment before going back to normal.

"Cass?"

Cassie smiled at him, and pulled him into a kiss.

The others sighed in relief and went to focus on Conner again.

Dick and Cassie pulled away from their kiss and he bombarded her with questions.

"What happened? Why were you on the floor? Are you ok? How do you feel-"

"Whoa whoa slow down. I don't really know what happened but thank you for finding those videos of my mom. I... I think they saved my life."

Dick pulled her into another quick kiss before getting up and looking over at Conner.

Cassie slowly stood up trying not to over-exert herself and realized what was happening, "Hang on. I think I have something for him." She got up and opened her special case in one of the cabinets.

"You have some?" Dick asked her. "You think it will be enough?"

She sighed, "I hope so. It's pure concentrate mixed with nitroglycerin and epinephrine, so if you inject him with enough, and we put him under a solar it might just do the trick."

Dick nodded and took the device when Cassie finished setting it up.

Krypto started whining.

Dick walked over to Conner holding the device.

"What is that?" Rachel asked.

"Red kryptonite combined with nitroglycerin and epinephrine. S.T.A.R. Labs had it designed to stabilize Kal-El if the worst ever happened," Dick explained.

Kory looked at them, "Will it work?"

"I don't know. It's never been used."

Cassie sighed and placed a solar above Conner, "It'll work. The numbers have been run over a hundred times and the simulation tested said it had a 98.3% chance of working. It'll work, it has to."

"That's still a 1.7% chance it won't," Gar stuttered out.

Cassie turned to him and pulled him into a hug, which he gratefully returned.