IV.II

Dick pulls the RV up to S.T.A.R. Labs, and Tim is the first one out. Conner looks up at the statue of Superman.

Dick sighs, "You ready?"

"Ready."

Tim claps, "Let's go!"

They all chuckle and head inside.

"S.T.A.R. Labs," Tim grins looking around. "Scientific and Technological Advance Research Laboratories. Built by Garrison Slate in 1971. Dedicated to pure scientific research, but no private or governmental affiliations."

"Yep, just a bunch of nerds that love their research, and toys," Cassie laughs.

Tim grins at her.

"Several of those toys were built, or designed, or programmed, or coded, or improved by you, Dr. Astor." Bernard walked up to them.

Cassie laughed, "I know. I think almost half my emails are just from you guys."

"And that is why we love you." The two shared a quick hug, before breaking away so he could address the others, "The Titans, I presume."

Cassie gave a quick hug to the woman behind Bernard, also being good friends with her.

"Bernard. Good to see you," Dick shook his hand.

"Good to see you again, Mr. Grayson. Everybody. I'm so, so happy that you're all here. My name is Bernard Fitzmartin and I am the Director of Special Projects here at S.T.A.R. Laboratories. This is Dr. Espenson, the Director of Applied Sciences, and we have got a very big day planned. We've been scrambling a little, since we heard you were coming today, but we've managed to put together a few things for you, with the help of the incredible Dr. Astor of course." They are all given badges so they could get around the building.

Dr. Espenson says, "So, why don't I show you what we've been working on, and you show us what you can do."

"If you'd follow the good doctor," Bernard smiles. "Dick, Conner, Cassie, if you don't mind hanging back, um... Conner, I'm afraid that I have some bad news. Kal-El sends his regrets."

"He's not here?" Conner asks.

"He was called away on urgent business. A matter that did require his immediate attention."

Conner nods, "I understand."

"I'm sorry," Dick says.

Cassie grabs Conner's hand, "We'll set up another meeting as soon as the matter is resolved. I know how excited he is to meet you. He wouldn't have left if it wasn't urgent."

Conner nods.

Bernard speaks up, "But... he did leave you this." He hands Conner a note.

Conner steps away for a moment to read the letter.

Dick walks over to him, "Everything ok?"

"'Conner, I'm sorry I couldn't be there to meet you today. But when I get back, I would very much like to see you and finally get to know you." Conner smiles at Cassie seeing how she was right. "Until then, please follow Bernard. He has something to show you. It's what we do.'"

Dick grins, "Let's go."

"Oh, Cassie?"

"Let me guess, he needs my help with something?" Cassie asked.

Bernard nodded, "You know him well."

"Indeed I do," she turned back to Dick. "Go on with them. They have a bunch of stuff for you all to see and try out. I'll come down when I'm finished."