I.IX

They arrive at the house gates, and Dick breaks the lock.

They drive up to the front doors, get out, and walk into the house, the lights are flickering and it seems like no one is home.

Dick calls out, "Hello?" They go off to the left in search of Rachel. 

They walk into a study and the lights go completely off, someone softly whispers, "Get out." Rita stands behind Kory, the lights flicker on and she's melted and screams, "Get out!"

Two others come up on the other side of Dick cornering them. Cassie notices their appearances and puts two and two together. They hear Rachel screaming.

Dick and Cassie both say, "Rachel."

"Go," Kory tells the two. Cassie nods and takes off running to the sound, Dick is right there behind her.

They find the room where Rachel is being held down.

"Rachel."

They see her in a storm of black swirling all around her and the room. Dick goes down the stairs. "Rachel!" There's this purple portal-looking thing in front of her. "Rachel!" Dick tries to get closer to her. He gets close enough to hear her screaming, "Rachel! Rachel! Hey." He forces her to look at him. 

At that point Cassie finally rushes down the stairs, knowing Dick would want her to stay out of harm's way, but this was Rachel so Cassie didn't care.

Rachel in a demonic voice says, "You're going to die. You need to get out of here before it's too late." Rachel looks to Dick and then to Cassie who just got to the two.

Dick looks at Rachel not breaking eye contact, "I'm not going anywhere."

Cassie grabs Rachel's hand, knowing she needed the comfort but a full-on hug may not be the best idea.

"I don't wanna hurt you," Rachel starts to form tears.

Dick tries to calm Rachel down, "Listen, I was wrong. When I told you no one can help you." Dick places an arm around Cassie, pulling her closer to him, while still holding onto Rachel.

"Dick, Cassie, you need to leave. Please."

"No Rachel," Cassie grips the girl's hand tighter.

"At the church, when I said you're on your own. Okay, I was wrong. You're not on your own. Okay? You have me. I'm here. You have Cassie. She's here. We're not going anywhere, okay? We're not going anywhere." He pulls her and Cassie into a hug as Rachel cries. Cassie holds the two of them as tight as she possibly can. "Here I am." Rachel sobs, as Dick comforts her. "I'm right here. It's okay." 

Kory comes into the room, Rita and the others behind her, and sees the three hugging and everything goes back to normal.

(A/N: Think of them hugging like how Rapunzel and her parents hug in that one scene.)

At the front door, they all head out to leave.

Cliff says, "Go. Go with them. Go have a life."

"But the Chief," Gar tries.

Larry reassures the teen, "His back is broken again. We'll take care of him."

"He helped us, Gar. No matter what, we owe it to Chief to help him now," Rita says with a sad smile.

Gar offers, "Um, maybe you guys can come. I mean, you don't have to hide anymore."

"It is what it is, kid," Cliff says honestly.

Rite steps toward him, "But you..." she hands him his bag, and sniffles, "You can have more than us." Rita and he hug. Larry and Gar share a handshake, and he gives Cliff a hug. Rachel smiles at this.

"All right. Now get going, will ya? Green fool."

"We'll take good care of him, I promise," Cassie looks to Rita and then to the others.

Rita answers, "We know you will."

Gar heads to the car, Cassie grabs his bag and throws it into the trunk, and then goes to get into the backseat. Dick gently grabs her arm, the two make eye contact. Cassie's eyes soften, and she puts a hand on his face, he leans into her touch, closing his eyes.

Kory holds the door open, "Rachel, get in the car." This snaps Cassie and Dick back to reality and she gets into the car, Dick following behind her. The others all pile into the car and they drive away.