IV.III

Dick, Kory, Cassie, and Conner go outside the RV to talk.

"All I'm saying is, it's complicated," Kory sighed.

Conner argued, "I mean, not really. He wants me to come to LexCorp Tower tonight at 8:00 p.m."

Cassie sighed and crossed her arms, trying to figure out what to do.

"Look, we're talking about Lex Luthor here." Dick said, "He's the only man Bruce Wayne was ever afraid of."

Conner said, "Superman's not afraid of him. Neither am I."

"You should be. He spent the last 40 years trying to kill Superman. He tried to kill you, too," Dick argued.

"He failed. He's just a man. He doesn't have superpowers."

"Not all of us do."

"Dick. The whole reason we came to Metropolis was so that I could meet one of my parents. Okay, so it wasn't the one that I wanted. Am I supposed to just ignore him? Walk away?"

Dick shook his head, "No. You deserve to know your parents. Everyone does. It's just Lex Luthor never shows his cards. We don't know what he wants."

"Lex doesn't make himself known unless he wants something. My main concern is that he's going to use you in some way. Maybe in a way that takes you away from us, and that's... that's what I'm worried about." Cassie grabbed one of Conner's hands, "He may be genetically related to you, but we are your family. He knows kryptonite works on you, and I am positive he has some. Not knowing what he wants could put you in danger."

Conner nodded his head, starting to understand their hesitation.

"Then maybe we should find out," Kory offered. "I mean, if he is up to something isn't it better that we know?"

"The man's a psychopath," Dick looked at her.

"I know. You won't get any argument from me there, but... ultimately, it's not our decision. It's Conner's."

Cassie looked at Conner, "It's your choice to go or not. We just want you safe and to come home afterwards. We'll be with you no matter what you choose."

"I wanna meet him," Conner finally said.

Dick nods, "Okay. I don't like it, but if it's gonna happen, Kory's right. We should get as much information as we can first."

"So, what do we do, call him and ask for a quick chat?" Kory asked.

"That's not really my style," Dick smirked.

Kory smiled, "Yeah. Me neither."

"I'm going to borrow a few satellites, do a scan for kryptonite, just... just in case," Cassie offered.

Conner nodded as a thank you. They all got back into the RV.

Kory blasts open a door tossing aside a few guards.

One tries to alert backup, "Alpha two. I have a breach Top level. Hey, what do you think you're doing?"

He tries to attack Kory but she knocks him aside.

Another guy comes up and she knocks him aside, just as easily as the first one. A third man comes up and she grabs him, throwing him against the wall. He grunts out and screams as Kory throws him.

The first man gets back up and Kory tosses him down a hallway. A fourth guard comes up from a different direction and throws a few fists towards Kory.

A fifth man comes up and holds a gun up to Kory. She takes his arm and twists it, he screams out in pain.