II.XXI

They decide that while Dick takes care of finishing up the Deathstroke problem with Rose, Kory, Dawn, and Donna would handle Conner, and Cassie and Rachel would get Gar. Cassie had also made a call earlier that day, turns out Dick also made that same call only a few hours after her.

When Dick found that out he smiled, very happy that the two had the same ideas often.

Rachel walks up to the lying down tiger, "Gar. Gar, it's me."

Gar growls. She leans down closer to him, "Are you okay? I know they did something to you. But we need you, Gar."

Cassie watches them carefully, ready to move in case Gar isn't Gar.

Rachel tries t0 touch his paw. Gar roars and jumps towards her.

She jumps back, "Okay, Gar. That was not cool." Cassie pulls Rachel close and the two share a look.

"Gar, we don't have much time. Do you remember... "
Gar growls softly. "... we were back in Angela's house... Trigon was trying to turn everyone dark. You were the only one he couldn't turn, besides Cassie. When you touched me, you reminded me who I really was. So I'm gonna touch your paw. Your hand. 'Cause I know who you really are... even if you don't."

Gar roars. "Please come back." She touches his paw and focuses on all the good moments they've had. Cassie steps back but still keeps a close eye, not wanting either one to get hurt.

Gar gasps and turns back into Gar.

Rachel smiles and chuckles, "Gar!"

"Rachel."

She hands him her cloak and he puts it on. Cassie grins. She had a bag with clothes for him in the car so when she had the chance she would go grab it, she stupidly forgot to grab it throughout the chaos.

Cassie helps Rachel guide Gar over to the rest of the group. She saw them and nodded to Hank. She was glad she texted him.

Dick saw the three of them and rushed over, "Rachel we're going to need your help."

"Gray," he turned to look at Cassie, "I'm going with you."

"No it's-"

"Don't you tell me it's too dangerous. Conner knows me, I can help."

He sighed and agreed.

Conner shoves a car out of his way and searches for the Titans.

Conner grunts as Donna lassos him. Rachel steps forward.

Dick shouts, "Rachel, now!"

Rachel does her thing and holds him down, "Dick, Cassie, hurry up, this guy's really strong." She grunts and focuses more energy, "It's all you now."

"It's all us now." He grabs her hand, his other was holding Cassie's and she takes them into Conner's mind.

Dick sees Conner, "Conner?"

He's huddled up crying as different voices can be heard around them.

"I don't know what they're doing to you. But you're going to be okay. You're not alone anymore."

"Her voice," Conner's voice breaks, "She tells me what to do. I can't make it stop."

"What is she telling you to do?"

"Kill them. Kill them all."

Dick walks closer and squats down closer to Conner, "Tell me how I can help you." Cassie goes and sits against the wall next to Conner, gently placing her hand on his knee.

Conner breathes heavily and cries, "I can't find the light." He leans against the wall and cries. Cassie pulls him into a hug and Conner gently returns it still crying.

Dick feels the wall, "Light." He punches the wall and it breaks, revealing the light. Cassie looks up at Dick and nods.

Conner looks up as Dick punches the wall over and over revealing more light for him. He reaches a hand and touches the light. He smiles and gets up. Conner screams.

He is in a field with Dick and Cassie.

Conner smiles at Cassie then looks at Dick, "I know you."

"I'm Dick Grayson."

"How did you find me?"

"You're part of our family, Conner. We'll always find you."

"Thank you." He turns to Cassie, "Gar was right about your hugs."

Cassie chuckles.

Conner soaks in more sunlight and looks at them and smiles, "You might wanna stand back."

Dick smiles and does so, gently pulling Cassie to his side.

Conner leans down and jumps up, flying into the air.

Dick smiles, and they are all brought back, "Conner?"

Conner quietly asks, "Please, let me go... so I can end this."

Dick smiles and nods to Rachel. She lets him go, Dick then nods to Donna and she does the same. Cassie and Dick were still holding hands.

Conner looks at the two, "Thank you." He goes towards Mercy Graves, who has tried to run away. Kory follows behind him.

Conner looks at the mess, "I did this." He turns around and looks at them. "It wasn't me, but... but I did this. I'm sorry."

Donna walks closer to him, "We know. It's good to have you back. Did anyone ever tell you you can really throw a punch?"

Conner smiles. People begin to clap and cheer. Rachel and Gar chuckle.

"Mommy, my dolly!" A little girl points.

Dawn goes over and gets it, bringing it back to the little girl. One of the transformers begins to fall.

Dawn shouts to everyone, "Get back! Everybody, get back!"

They all rush away.

Hank whispers, "Dawn."

Donna speed runs and catches the transformer before it falls. She screams.

"Donna!" Hank screams.

She drops it and slumps over it. Cassie runs over to her sister, not caring about the electricity still zapping.

Rachel shouts, "No!"

Dick takes off running, "Donna!" He helps Cassie pull her off.

Cassie doesn't cry or scream, she blocks everything out. She's seen Donna's body slumped over like this before, but last time it wasn't just her body.

The others all run over to them. Dick holds her, but she's gone. Cassie is holding her hand, wishing her sister would just squeeze it back, but she didn't. Donna was gone.