IV.XXIV

Tim was looking at Conner, the EKG was still flatlining.

"Any sign?" Dick asked.

Kory said, "Nothing."

"We've checked news feeds, residual spectral signatures. Both negative," Rachel answered.

"I've got a few potential hits but nothing concrete yet. I'm going to call Cisco, see if he has a few extra minutes to help scan through." Cassie ran a hand through her hair, "It's like he's scrambled my code- which is incredibly disrespectful and I will-"

Dick gently grabbed her hand, "Cass you and I both know how long you can rant about your codes."

Tim's cell phone goes off, "Holy shit. Bernard."

"Yeah, it's me. Hi. Um... we've got trouble," Bernard shakily said.

"Hang on, let me put you on speaker." Tim walks over to everyone and places his phone down, "It's Bernard. You okay?"

"Brother Blood is here."

Dick nods to the front of the RV, "Gar, S.T.A.R. Labs."

"Yeah, I'm on it," he runs over to the front seat.

"It's bad. Um, and... he killed everyone he saw. And it's only luck he didn't see me."

Kory asked, "What is he doing now?"

"He's headed to the Icarus Lab."

"Shit," Cassie cursed, running a hand through her hair.

"What's the Icarus Lab?"

"Dick, Cassie, we need to tell them."

Dick and Cassie share a look, she nods.

"All right, go ahead," Dick sighed.

"S.T.A.R. Labs has always been about the betterment of mankind. We debate our research and development and the possible consequences of our actions. Project Icarus is as close to the line as we've ever gone."

"Does anyone else hate where this is going?" Rachel closed her eyes.

Cassie sighed, pulled up her laptop, and typed a few passcodes in.

"Dick, you wanna catch us up?" Gar asked while driving.

Dick said, "It's a wormhole."

"Sorry, you mean like... a wormhole?" Tim asked.

"Pretty much, yeah. The Icarus Gate is controllable. It's programmable. It allows for any object to be sent anywhere in the universe. From something as small as a single atom to as large as an entire planet."

"Bernard, did Cisco get the chance to update Calliope with everything that I gave him?" Cassie asked.

"I hope so. He's in Star City right now so I have no way of knowing for sure. Give me just a moment to see." He paused, before finally talking again. "I just sent you the data. It's completely operational. Expect for one small problem. There isn't enough energy on Earth to run it."

"Expect... that's not totally true," Cassie looked over at Kory.

"Why would Brother Blood want access to a wormhole?" Tim asked looking over the data.

"He wants to destory Tamaran," Kory realized. "We represent everything he's not. He can't rule until there's no trace of us left. Gar stop the RV."

Gar did as she said.

"Kory, wait!" Dick shouted and ran off.

Cassie slammed her laptop shut and followed after them, holding her hand up to tell the others to stay put.

Dick got into the Porche as Kory tried to start it quickly enough to get away. He looked over at her.

Cassie gave him and nod, "I got them! We'll meet you there!" She turned back around and ran into to RV.

"Cassie? What is Kory going to do?" Rachel asked.

She sighed, "I... I don't know exactly. But she's not doing it alone. Gar, up."

He gave her a confused look.

"Don't make me ask again, up. I'm driving."

"Ok ok," he quickly got up and they watched the Porche speed past them.

Cassie slide into the driver's seat, "Kids I'd at least sit down if I were you."

"Why-" Tim started to ask.

Cassie pressed a button on the RV, and sped off after Dick and Kory, completely disregarding most traffic laws, but still managing to not get anyone hurt.

Tim quickly sat down, "Nevermind. Forget I asked."

"Now I get why Dick never lets you drive," Gar muttered.