IV.XVII

Dick clicks the recorder, "My name is Dick Grayson. I'm 13 years old, my life gets turned upside down. I lose both of my parents. My best friend loses her dad. And we move in with Bruce Wayne. And that's when I realized my life would never be the same."

He clicks the recorder off.

Bernard is scanning the building as Tim walks in. "I don't get it."

"What?"

"The reading that I had on Starfire, it went dead."

"Does that mean-"

"We should go back to the lab. We'll find a different way to track her."

Tim sighs as Bernard packs up, "I'm gonna stay."

"Stay?"

"Yeah, I think William's onto something. He said he can feel them out there."

"Tim we're wasting time."

"My mom used to have this feeling. She used to call them her Sun Dogs. Her Sun Dogs were never wrong."

"Ok look I understand that we're just getting to know each other. I can't use Sun Dogs. I need data."

"I'm not leaving. My friends are still out there."

"I'm trying to find them too. And I will. I just need the right tools."

"Williams got a feeling. And I'm gonna tr- We should trust it."

"I don't trust feelings. I'm sorry. I'm going to go back to the hotel. The wifi is decent there, and I can get back on the S.T.A.R. Labs server."

"How am I gonna get back? There's no cell service out here."

"Maybe a Sun Dog Uber will appear."

"Really?"

"You know where to find me." Bernard walks out.

Cassie collapsed to the ground as she watched a sword go through Donna's stomach. She screamed out as her best friend was taken from her again, and she was useless.

The door to the gym opens and two police officers walk in.

One takes out his gun.

Rachel asks, "Are you sure you want to do that? Killing Trigon's only daughter might not be the best idea. I've got the mark on my back if you want to take a look."

The first cop cocks his gun, "Not my problem." He holds his gun up to Rachel.

"Might be when, uh, Trigon returns."

The second cop spoke up, "Just kill her and get it over with."

"She's got the mark of Trigon."

"She's a heretic, like Mother said."

"Look truth is, doesn't matter who pulls the trigger. You're both going down."

Gunshots echo from the other room.

"Sherriff wants to kill her, he can do it himself."

"Jesus," the second cop pulls out his gun and points it at Rachel.

Rachel whistles and looks over to the first cop, who was pointing his gun at his colleague.

"Don't point that thing at me asshole."