Chapter 7

After waking up I was discharged from the nurse's office and headed to my next class which was math. I never really liked it that much but it was fine. I didn't have Haru with me though. So that was a mahor minus.

I grabbed the excuse note that the nurse handed to me and headed to the history classroom to retrieve my belongings.

When I knocked on the door the teacher told me to come in and everyone in the class looked at me with the eyes of uninvitation.

I walked in and grabbed my bag from where I was previously seated and headed out after bowing to the teacher.

I walked down the hallway with a slight headache, my eyes were already burning up. I tried to keep them open and continued walking through the empty halls, heading towards the math class.

When I walked in I saw Hybrid sitting behind the teachers desk, looking through papers.

He looked up and smiled.

"How are you feeling Y/n?" He asked. I sighed and said, "I'm feeling fine.. thank you."

I looked at the board and saw a list of questions written down. "Mr. Pill wasn't feeling so good, so I'm his substitute for until he gets better. The questions on the board are the ones you're answering." He politely stated.

I nodded before taking a seat in front and pulling out my notebook and iPad. Half of the class used e-books and I was one of them. I opened the app with my textbooks and selected the math lesson.

"Page... 671." I mumble to myself as I gently type in the page number and start working.

The intoxicating scent was faint in the air but it still bothered me so I decided to put on the backup mask I brought today.

***

After class I realized that I forgot to hand the note over. So after packing my things and getting ready for lunch I walk over to Melon and hand the note to him.

He looked at it and I said, "It's a note from the nurse's office explaining why I was late." He nods and says, "Thank you. I hope you feel better."

I nod before heading out of the classroom and go to find Haru.

***

When I walked into the cafeteria I saw that she was sitting with a group of other rabbits so I decided to leave them be. I walked to the food station and bought myself a pair of egg sandwiches before heading out to the field.

It was quiet there. Sometimes I came out here alone and ate my light snack in peace, while having an inner conversation with myself.

I opened the wrapper off the pair of egg sandwiches and after taking off my mask, I took a bite out of one. The flavor seeped into my bones and my tail started wagging.

Delicious!

"May I sit here?" A voice asked. I was way too distracted with the egg sandwich, I didn't even bother looking at who it was before nodding. After a few seconds I turned to look at who it was and saw Hybrid looking off into the distance while taking a sip of his canned coffee.

I froze in spot. I didn't even know why I feared him so much. He was just... scary. He looked like someone who could kill me anytime.

"Does that taste good?" He asks as his lips pull away from the coffee can. He didn't look at me and kept his eyes off in the distance.

I looked down at my sandwich and said, "It does." He nodded and said, "I'm still not sure why you're so scared of me. I didn't do anything to you did I?"

He kept his eyes locked onto the distance, but I didn't answer his question. If only I could move right now. My whole body refused to move. I felt him turn to me and my heart dropped.

Why was I so scared of him?

"Ahh, haha, sorry I must've scared you. Well, have fun. I'll get going." He said as he stood up and dusted off his pants. He waved at me with a smile before leaving.

After he left, the air felt cold and a wave of shivers were sent down my spine. He didn't kill me.

I wrapped the plastic wrap back onto the egg sandwiches and put on my mask before heading back inside. I didn't feel like eating anymore. It just felt too uncomfortable to.