Chapter 38

I stayed on the ground, leaning against the wall as I thought about everything. I was paralyzed to the bones. Melon killed someone, and it might be someone I know.

The sound of water from the bathroom did help me stay a bit calm. The rhythm.

I clutched onto my arms as I tried calming down and taking the situation seriously. Melon was a criminal and I knew that. I should be fine with this. He's... he's my bo-... he's my partner.

Thinking straight was hard. I didn't even know our relationship status. He did make us official, but... this was different. It wasn't a normal relationship.

At this point it was getting hard to do anything. I thought about dropping out, and everything. I had everything planned out, but right now... I wanted Melon to kill me and end this all. I didn't want to live anymore. This was too much to deal with.

Why did I get involved... why did my parents fuck each other. I never asked to be a hybrid. I wanted to be a pure blood.

Tears were swelling up in my eyes again. I didn't know how to handle this situation.

The water from the bathroom stopped running, and I quickly wiped away my tears. I patted my cheeks and the door opened. Melon had a frown on his face and he walked over and sat down next to me.

He stared off onto the wall acroos us and said, "Are you expecting an apology?" I shook my head and said, "Melon, I don't know how I feel right now. You killed him didn't you?"

He blankly nodded and said, "Tell me how you feel."

I rested my head on the wall and closed my eyes. Taking a deep breath I started, "I'm scared. Of everything. I don't appreciate you killing.. him. I want you to kill me and end this... whatever we are." I stopped and took another breath and continued, "I hate everything. I'm sick and tired of it all. I wish I were never born. I wish you were never born. Hybrids don't belong in this world. We only live to struggle. Legosi too. Everyone." 

Melon listened diligently till the end.

"Do you hate me?" He asked.

"I don't know..." I said with a sigh. "I want to, but I can't. I don't know if I love you either."

"I've never been in love."

"I think I can say the same."

"I want to stay with you. If you die, I'm coming with you."

I turned to him and said, "Then let's go together."

A gentle smile crossed his lips and he said, "Sounds like a plan. I have a few things to do before I go."

I couldn't smile. I didn't want to smile, but at the same time, I was happy.

"Melon, I wish I never met you. You fucked my life up, but I'm very glad I met you."

"I can't say the same. I'm glad I met you. You probably made my life a it more enjoyable."

"Is there a dream you have?" I asked.

He hummed and said, "What does a hybrid like me want? I do have something in mind."

"I think I might know what that is." I said with a smile. "It's taste isn't it."

He nodded and said, "That was easy wasn't it."

I nodded and a giggle escaped my lips. I grabbed his hand and said, "If this is love, then I don't want it."

He nodded in agreement and said, "I agree. Let's end this tomorrow."

I squeezed his hand and nodded.

"We should..."