Chapter 20

"Legoshi, do you wanna meet sometime..?" I asked with absolute exhaustion over the phone.

"Mm, senpai. Are you alright?" Legoshi asked.

"Mm, just tired." I shortly replied. "How does tonight or tomorrow 5 sound?"

"Yeah, sounds great. I'm free tomorrow."

"Well, then I'll text you the address and we can meet there." And before he could say anything else, I hung up.

A loud sigh escaped my lips as I dropped the phone on my bed, and rolled over to face the wall decide me.

Now what...

(The next day)

"Good afternoon." Legoshi greeted as he walked into the fast food restaurant.

Last night, I didn't sleep at all... I lied to my manager as well, telling her that I caught a cold and won't be there for tonight. Laid in bed thinking about what to do about Melon. Whether I should tell Legoshi or not. It wasn't a sweet night...

I waved at him and said, "Good afternoon to you too Legoshi." as he walked over and took a seat across me.

"Senpai, did you sleep well last night?" Legoshi asked as he placed a small box in front of me.

"Hmm? Ah yeah, just, studying has been a bit stressful." I lied which a small chuckle. Well it wasn't entirely a lie.

"If you say so. I bought this small cake on the way here." He said. I looked at the box and back at him and a big smile appeared on my face.

"Is it for me!?" I ask cheerfully. Legoshi smiled and his tail started wagging as he said, "Yeah. I know how much you like cake. I think I got your favorite one.""

I opened the box and saw the beautiful, creamy glaze, shining on top of the cake. I was sure my pupils dilated and for sure my tail was wagging with the same enthusiasm as Legoshi's.

I gently unfolded the box and picked up the fork, which was packed in with the cake and started digging in.

Legoshi watched as I happily chewed on my bites. I could feel myself salivate even more by each bite.

"Legoshi, this is so good." I hum, almost at the verge of tears.

Legoshi started rubbing the back of his neck and said, "I'm glad you like it."

***

I didn't realize that half of the cake was already gone after I swallowed the bite in my mouth. I placed the fork on the table and moved the cake to the side and got serious.

"Legoshi. Tell me about your plan on taking down Melon. I told you all I knew about him. Now it's your turn." I semi-demanded.

Legoshi gave me a blank stare and said, "Yafya-san and I are working on it. Also, he has an offer."

Now it was my turn to give him a blank stare. How was I supposed to react?

"He wants you to help us catch Melon." Legoshi finally said.

"No." I quickly said, as I turn my head and cross my arms and legs.

I could feel Legoshi's jaws drop at my response and as he was about to say something, I interrupted him and said, "Legoshi, there are some things you don't understand about this situation..."

"Senpai," Legoshi said in a cold and serious tone, "do you perhaps like Melon?"

Eh? What? What's with this sudden change of topic? Very Legoshi style... but....

"I mean, I've noticed that you act differently when we talking about Melon. You may act serious, but your pupils stay dilated, and sometimes take up most of the dark spaces in your eye. Even right now."

After hearing those words, I felt my fur stick up. I don't like him...

"Senpai? Are you alright?" Legoshi asked after a while of silence.

"No. I don't like him." I said in a serious tone. "And never assume that again." I added, right after.

"Senpai, tell me about your relationship with Melon." Legoshi asked in his most serious tone till now. I sat back and thought about whether I should tell the truth or add a little bit of lie.

"I'm not a therapist, but I have been counseled by someone before about love." Legoshi added.

Legoshi sure knew how to get answers out of anyone, even if he doesn't notice it. Now that he mentioned that obviously I'm going to doubt my lying abilities. At this point I was getting tired of it all. Of myself, of Melon, just everyone. My heart really couldn't handle all the lies anymore. All I did was lie and lie my whole life. Whether it was so myself or the others. I'm tired of it all!

"I DO LIKE HIM!" I blurt out, slamming the table in the process. All pairs of eyes in the restaurant were glued on Legoshi and I. Whispers...

"Senpa-" Legoshi said, concerned. Before I cut him off, "Legoshi! I do like him! I love him! He makes me feel happy! But... but at the same time... he hurts my heart so much!" I tried calming down but these emotions were too much to keep bottled up anymore.

I think I like him. Is this what love is like?

What- how am I supposed to know..?

"I don't even know what love is! My whole life, I've never been loved. The kind of love I wanted. Family? Never. A significant other? Never! All I ever did was hook up with any and every one. Friends? They never knew how I felt... they knew nothing... what am I supposed to do? Tell me Legoshi... please..."

Emotions...

"Senpai. I'm sorry." Legoshi mumbled softly.

"Why.." I asked, at the verge of tears from all this sudden emotional burst.

"You were always right in front of me, but I never noticed. I was too focused on myself, and my relationship with Haru-chan."

I sat down. Eyes were still staring at us, whispers slowly rising in the air, getting louder. I rubbed my eyes, wiping all the tears which were stored inside.

"Wow, that was selfish of me." I finally said, trying to slowly change the topic.

"Senpai? Don't try changing the topic like that." Legoshi said leaning forward, trying to explain with his hands.

I shook my head and said, "Ahhh! That was an emotional burst! So annoying. Sorry about that. It won't happen again."

Legoshi's ears fell down as a sad frown appeared on his face. I laughed it off and said, "Legoshi, don't tell anyone about this. Please."

Legoshi lifted up his hand, extending his picky and I did the same, intertwining our pinkies together and making a solid promise.

His fingers were rough and masculine. Resembled one's of a true, pure blooded canine, while mine represented one's of a pure blooded feline. I smiled at the small details which built up who we were.

"I'm gonna kill you if someone finds out." I said, tightening my grip around his finger even more, trying to loosen up the dark atmosphere which surrounded us a few seconds ago.

As fear washed over Legoshi's face, a chuckle escaped my lips, and I let go of his pinky.

Legoshi was a great guy.