Chapter 40

After school I went straight out the school gates, I didn't look back. Not even for a glimpse. I was going to spend my last minutes alone.

I headed towards a continent store with my purse and letter, and when I walked in I started buying all the foods I could.

I bought sweet buns, I bought sour candies, sweet candies, yogurts, marshmallows, potato chips, everything that I personally enjoyed and payed for it all with the money in my purse and my credit card.

Then I headed to a bakery and bought a fruit cake, some bread, cupcakes, everything. Played for that too and headed to the next store which also happened to be the fast food place where all my unhappy memories were. I bought a herbivore and carnivore meal and asked them to pack it up.

I played for that, I also bought my favorite coffee.

Then I headed to a toy store, where I asked the staff to pack everything up and put it into a box. I placed my letter and credit card on top of the box before the staff taped the box shut.

Everything was neatly stacked on top of each other and I smiled to myself as I headed out with the box.

Then I started heading towards the Black Market. I had everything in my hands. My letters, purse and the box with sweets.

I headed to the most expensive store and bought the premuin steak. The staff told me that they'd bring it to my table in a while and directed me to a table nearby.

I wasn't hungry or anything and it wasn't late either. I'd say that it was only 6 or 7. Actually it was pretty late. The sun was slowly going down. I waited on my seat with the box close to me. I held onto it tightly as I waited for my order to come and for Melon to arrive.

I just had a gut feeling that he'd find me here. I smiled to myself as I looked at the letters on the table.

I loved Melon.

I hated him.

But nevertheless, I was glad I met him.

He made me sad and scared.

But he also made me happy sometimes.

"Here's your order." A lady said as she placed my premuim steak down in from of me. I thanked her as I grabbed the fork and knife.

A few minutes after she left, someone sat down across me and when I looked up,  I saw Melon. He wore a pink, turtleneck sweater with black jeans. I smiled at him and pushed the plate towards him, placing the utensils on from of him.

He sighed and said, "I didn't know we were traveling. What's with that box?"

I gave him a soft smile and said, "It's a gift." He hummed as he stabbed the steak with the fork.

"A gift you say? Must be someone special." He commented as he cut the steak in half.

"It's for you." I said with a smile. He hummed as he stared me down and said, "We're going to die either way. What was the point?"

I smiled at him and said, "Nothing really. Just wanted to give you a thank you gift."

He stuffed half of the steak in his mouth and I said, "It's really nothing special. Just a bunch of food. Mostly sweets though."

He nodded as he swallowed the streak. "Does it taste like anything." I asked. He shook his head and said, "No. It tastes like sand."

I nodded a bit disappointed, but I didn't expect anything either way.

"What's in that envelope?" Melon asked pointing at it. I looked down and said, "Just parting letters for everyone. He nodded and said, "So you're serious about it."

I nodded and said, "Yes."

We sat there silently until he finished the premium steak and I said, "I want you to open this before we meet up a bit later to do it." as I handed the box to him.

"I love you Melon." I mumbled.

He got up and walked over to me. Pulling me into a hug and I hugged him back. He looked my in the eyes and suddenly a pair of lips met mine. A faint blush tinted my cheeks, as I let him continue.

It was passionate but even then, it didn't feel real. I grabbed onto the back of his sweater and gripped onto it tighter as I returned the kiss.

I soon felt tears swell up in my eyes and he finally broke the kiss, staring me in the eyes. For the first time, I saw how hold his expression really was. His eyes had murderous intentions and it scared me.

These eyes made me wanna die faster. His thumb started gently wiping away my tears and I gave him one last tight hug before pulling away and saying, "Meet me in half an hour."

I grabbed the letters and left without another word.