Chapter 34

My phone rang in the middle of the night, waking me up from my slumber. I picked up without really giving a glimpse to the callers ID AND when I pick up I hear a groan from the other side.

That's was when I decided to check who was calling. It was an unknown number. "Who is this?" I whispered as quietly as possible.

"I'm still waiting for you Y/n." I heard Mr. Phil's pissed off voice say. I quickly hung up and dropped my phone in fear. What would he do to me tomorrow. My phone started ringing again and this time I ignored the calls, trying my best to fall back asleep.

The door creeked open and when I turned to it, I saw Melon, in his usual shirt, blocking the doorway.

"Give me your phone." He ordered. My hands started trembling when I saw the gun in his pocket.

"Melon, do you see me?" I asked. He either had a carnivores' vision or a herbivores' blindness in the dark.

I saw him shake his head and he said, "Everything's pitch black for me."

That was when I slowly stood up with my phone and walked closer to him. He seemed to notice my footsteps, as his ears slightly twitched.

I got closer to him and pulled him into a hug and said, "Why aren't you afraid of me."

I was sure he knew exactly what I was talking about.

"I know what you're hinting at, but I'd say you're very different from her." He said as he hugged me back. "In fact, you should be the one to be scared of me." He added.

I felt my heart sink. He didn't need to do anything physical to scare me, just his words were enough to put me in place.

I broke the hug and gave him my phone. He gave me a smile and left the room, closing the door behind.

"Sleep well, and don't worry about anything." Melon called out from the halls. I nodded to myself and went back to bed. The covers were warm and fuzzy. It was like a carnivore's paradise. For both felines and canines especially.

***

I woke up at around 6 am, out of habit and checked around the room. The blanket was on the end of the bed, part of it falling off the side of the bed. I got out of bed and walked out of the room.

I met Dolph in the hallways and greeted him, "Good morning, Dolph-san." He looked at me then said, "Good morning."

"Do you know where Melon is." I asked, rubbing my tired eyes. He shook his head and said, "He left last night and hasn't returned yet." I nodded and thanked him before heading back to the room I was in a while ago.

I had nowhere else to go. I didn't know this area and I was too awkward to ask the lions, so I decided to stay in this room until Melon came back.

●---------------------------------------------------------------------●

Short chapter, I know... I'm trying so hard to finish this book asap. Lowkey wanna start another one (not a Melon x Reader), but I searched it up and there were quite a few already so I'm like... nahhhh... so yeah.