Chapter 29

My head shot up when I heard the familiar voice. I didn't even have to see his face to recognize him at this point. I got a glimpse of his antlers and hugged him tightly.

My bare chest was pressed against his back and my hands were tightly wrapped around his torso, as I cried into his shirt.

I kept weeping until I felt exhausted of doing that too. My hands dropped down and my head was the only thing that supported my body against his back.

"I knew you missed me, but not this much." Melon sang standing up. I couldn't look at him. I was too embarrassed to. Too ashamed of myself, yet, I didn't even cover my body with the sheets. I felt exposed and naked the moment I recognized his voice..

I wiped my tears and said, "How did you escape." between quiet sobs. He hummed but then everything went silent when be knelt down in front of me and wiped my tears, staring me dead in the eyes.

Fear swept over me, but it was so calming. "Why are you crying over your own wronging?" He asked as he held my hands in his. I keep my eyes away from his and said, "I thought you'd know that it's my parents' fault."

A sad smile formed in my lips as I thought about Melon being here with me. I couldn't care about anything right now. Melon was here with me. He stood up again and walked over to the direction of the door and picked up my clothes. He didn't move for a while but then turned to me and said, "Was that 'Mr. Phil?'"

He started walking over to me with my clothes and I hid under the sheets only now realizing how naked I actually was. It was embarrassing.

My ears twitched as I thought about the question. My bare chest was on Melon's back. It was embarrassing. That was all I could think about at the moment.

He put the clothes on the bed and sat back down next to me. I kept silent, not wanting to answer the question.

"He sure does look good." Melon said. I kept hidden under the bed sheets and quietly said, "I don't like him..."

"I heard your conversation with the Beastar." Melon brought up out of the blue. My eyes widened as my face flushed red. Did he have to bring it up... why? Why was he teasing me like this. He knew.

"Melon... don't you want something in return for saving me from Danny...?" I asked hesitantly, as I remembered Mr. Phil.

He thought for a moment, which really made me question whether he actually wanted something in return. Was I wrong about Melon too? Why didn't I mind whatever his request would be.

"That never crossed my mind. Did something of the sort happen? Is that why your, 'Mr. Phil' was here?" He asked. I couldn't make out his tone. Reading Melon was never a easy thing. He was never an open book. Closed, no... more like, locked at all times.

I shook my head to myself and said, "Thank you Melon. That means a lot."

He nodded resting his hand on my head before starting to play with my ear. My face grew even redder as I clenched onto the sheets.

"But now that you mention it, I do want something in return." He hummed as he stroked the fur on my ear.

My ears shot up, paying full attention to what he was about to say, but all I got was a chuckle. "You want me that bad huh." He said, as he continued playing with my ear.

I never took Melon as the teasing type. He seemed so cold and emotionless. A sadistic masochist. I never liked it, but I did manage to grow into it.

"Just rest for now. I'll stay here." He said as he removed his hand from my ear. The tickling sensation left, leaving me unsatisfied. I wanted more... this was enough... I didn't need him to go further... just this little touch satisfied my hunger for him.

I hugged my knees and closer my eyes, resting reassured that Melon would protect me from all the evil of the world. At least for the time being.