Chapter 14

The day went like always. I finished classes went to the dorms and did my homework and projects. For the first time in a while I saw my roommate chilling in the living room, on her phone. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Right now though, it was 12 am. I decided to go for a late night walk, after waking up a few minutes ago. I though about what to do but nothing came in mind. I could go to the black market, but if I ran into my manager than that'd be game over for me.

Going to Legoshi's condo wasn't an option either. He was probably asleep at a time like this. Any sane person would be actually. Visiting Haru would be senseless. I just came from the dorm building, and she'd probably be asleep as well.

Who else could I visit? Louis' probably asleep as well. I didn't even know by I wanted to visit someone. I guess I did feel lonely in these half empty streets.

Black market it is. I had about 50 dollars on me just in case.

***

The black market was crowded. It was expected, everyone usually comes late at night when herbivores are late alseep.

I walked over to one of the booths and ordered myself some milk. I really didn't feel like having something meaty at the moment. The street was too crowded. Cold, warm soft, sweaty and many more bodies. The smell was intoxicating as well.

I walked down the streets and sat down on one of the tables and stared off into the crowd as I took a sip of the milk.

"It's unexpecting to see you here." I heard someone from behind state. I turn to see who it was and my jaws dropped when I did.

"Legoshi?" I hesitantly state as I jump up. He smiled at me, but his smile was more sad than happy.

I sat back down and gestured him to sit next to me. He did.

"What brings you here senpai?" He asked as he fiddled with his fingers.

"Couldn't sleep.  I actually thought about giving you a visit, but I assumed that any normal being would be asleep." I earned a nervous chuckle from Legoshi and he asked, "How are things going on your end?"

"You mean Haru? Don't worry, all she talks about is you." I playfully said as I nudged his shoulder. When I looked at him, his pupils seemed to have grown bigger and his tail wouldn't stay still.

"Really?!" He exclaimed. I nodded my head and asked, "What have you been up to lately?"

He turned away and said, "I'm actually... it's kind of a secret."

"If it's about someone you're trying to track down you can tell me." His eyes widened as he said, "So it was you who approached me at the party. W-What were you doing there senpai? I mean you don't have to tell me but, I mean... you at of age, but..." I cut him off before he went even further by saying, "I'm sorry about what I did. I... Let's forget about it okay."

He nods and says, "But, how much do you know about it?"

I gave him a questioning look and he whispered it into my ear. I let out a knowing 'oh' before starting to play with my tail.

"You mean Melon. First I need to say that, it was very idiotic of you for trusting him. I heard that you ended up in the hospital. You almost died!" I scolded him.

His ears dropped down his tail stood as still as ever. I was trying my best to hold in my laugh which would burst at any second. He looked so cute when scolded. I mean it in a friendly way though.

"But about him," I start off, with Legoshi's undivided attention at me, "well, just stay still for this one." I warn. Legosi nods and I quietly say, "He's a part time professor at my and Haru's university."

A sad, yet agressive and worried expression made its way up to Legoshi's face. I knew that he was worried about Haru and the others of course, but this was on a whole 'nother level.

He gently grabbed onto my shoulders and said, "Tell me everything about it."

Never have seen this side of Legoshi and never wanna either.