Chapter 22

"Answer the question!" The horse, Yafya yelled out in frustration, slamming the table in the process. Melon just gave him a cheeky smile.

Yafya groaned as he couldn't get any answers from Melon and massaged the bridge of his nose, trying to relieve his stress.

He pulled out his gun and reloaded it, pointing it at me.

Why was I always the one with the gun on my head.

"That's not what a Beastar would do. Now is it." Melon sang.

I looked at the gun then at Yafya as questions filled my head. So the rumors were true. He's the black horse, the Beastar.

"Wait!" I blurted out. "You're really the Beastar?" I asked out of true curiousity and enthusiasm. I didn't mind dying from his hands. Actually I did, Melon promised to kill me.

"Answer the question." He repeated himself. I looked over at Melon who's face was expressionless as always. His hands were cuffed behind, to the chair he was sitting on.

The both of us stayed silent. I didn't know the answer to the question. I didn't even know why I was here.

"I don't want to answer it." Melon said with a murderous smile on his face. Yafya put his gun away and said, "You're coming with me."

Me? Yeah.. I got up and followed Yafya out of the suffocating room I was in, seconds ago.

We walked down the halls and he led me to a dark room and when he turned the lights on, it looked... nice.

Shelves spread throughout the room. A coffee table in the center of the room, a work desk in font of a window. A nice TV. A beautiful cream colored wallpaper. This room was stunning.

"Take a seat." Yafya said, pointing at the couch. I did as ordered and waited for what was about to happen. What was going to happen?

Yafya sat down across me and got straight to the point. "Why didn't you report Melon?" His voice stern and serious.

"I'm not sure." I mumble.

"This won't do. I need a solid answer." Yafya warned. At least I knew that Legoshi didn't tell him.

"I really don't know!" I exclaimed. Yafya again, massaged the bridge of his nose in frustration before turning to me and saying, "Tell me. What is your relationship with him."

Again!?  Again the same god forsaken question!

"We're just friends!" I shouted as I slammed the table out of anger.

Yafya didn't react and just crossed his legs and said, "Seems like there's something more than that."

Again!

"There's nothing!" I said, a bit quieter this time. "We were friends. But I'm not sure if we are now." I admit.

"Again..." he mumbled. "You're also really going to give up everything for love?" Yafya said a bit pissed off now.

How- how the fuck did he know!?

"What do you mean by 'love'?!" I shouted again. I could feel the air around me start to become suffocating as emotions filled my head.

"Don't tell me you aren't in love with that criminal." Yafya said, now more pissed off.

"So what if I am!?" I shouted out even louder than before.

The air!

I grabbed onto my throat trying to relieve the burning sensation. It was getting harder to breathe as each second passed. What is this.

"Calm down." Yafya calmly said, as he got up and grabbed a water bottle from the mini fridge in the room.

I snatched the bottle out of his hands and opening the lid as fast as I could, and started taking huge, suffocating sips one after another, until the bottle was empty.

I exhaled loudly as I could slowly breathe a bit better. "I do.." I quietly mumbled as I sat down on the edge of the couch. "I do love him... and I don't care what you say. I'll pay all you want. I'll spend as much time in jail." I mumbled quietly to myself.

"You have the choice to either spend 6 months in jail, or pay 1000 dollars to the police. This is for not reporting a crime." I didn't look up. 1000 dollars... that's a lot.
"What about Melon?" I asked quietly.

"He's not going anywhere." My eyes shot up and I said, "There must be something you and I could do! You're the Beastar. How much! I'll pay as much as you want."

"Me being the Beastar is exactly why I won't do anything! There's nothing you can do either! You're just a mere university student! Where would you get that money either way!?" Yafya said, again pissed off.

"I have a job! I'll get more jobs if I need to!" I shot back.

"What's your answer." Yafya said at last, giving up on this conversation.

"I'll pay 1000 dollars." I quietly said, giving up as well. There's nothing I could do.. he was right. I'm just a mere university student. He nodded and stood up.

Melon... please...