Chapter 23

It was 1 am and I had to go on stage in a few seconds. I stood behind the curtains, backstage, waiting for Cosmo to finish her performance.

She walked backstage and I was sure that the cheers were loud enough to be heard throughout the whole black market. They mostly considted of "I love you"s and some hunger comments.

Cosmo winked at me when entereing the back stage and I headed on stage with nothing but my bras and a black schoolgirl miniskirt. I started slowly and teasingly dancing my way, closer to the center.

My hands were dancing in the air, as my feet moved slowly, sliding on the wooden floor. When I reached the center I started dancing, showing off my assets.

Then I started walking towards the edge of the stage and slowly started unzipping my skirt. Very slowly and teasingly I slid the skirt down my legs and started swaying my tail side to side in a flirtatious manner. Everyone was cheering and whistling, begging me to show more.

I then unclipped my bra and started sliding it off my shoulders, while swirling back and forth before dropping the bra on the floor.

***

"I have to admit, that was good." Cosmo said in the back stage. I didn't feel like answering and was still naked, so I headed straight to the changing room.

I put on a plain t-shirt and some pants on top of my undergarments.

"You in there?" My manager asked from outside the curtains. I opened the curtains and saw my manager holding an envelope in her right hand.

"Here's your payment for the month." She said handing the envelope over to me. "Good job."

I opened the envelope and checked inside and started counting the money, but there were a few extra dollars.

"I think you miscalculated, there's an extra 320 dollars." I said after recounting the paper money.

"You've been gaining popularity, there were more customers this month." She said in return. My eyes brightened as I said, "Thank you! I'll take my leave now." Before bowing down and heading to the door, grabbing my jacket and bag before leaving.

"So I did get 900 dollars. Now I need to add another 100 dollars from my savings and I'm free! But... this is such a pain." I mumbled to myself as I put on my jacket and bag on my shoulder.

As I started recounting the money I saw a shadow tower me and when I looked up I saw a dark brown, almost black lion standing in front of me, fiddling with his fingers.

I put the money in my bag and waited for him to say something. He must've been a member of the Shishigumi. White freckles under his big, kind eyes.

"Where's our boss." He asked after getting the courage to do so, but even then, he sounded like an angel.

So he was a member of the Shishigumi. He was really innocent looking, very kind looking. A loud sigh escaped my lips as I put on my tough act and said, "He's in jail." almost hesitantly.

His eyes widened and he said, "Really!? When did that happen?!"

"A week ago." I answered quietly. "I have to go now though." I added as I waved at him and started run in to the exit of the black market. I looked back and that lion was frozen in spot, not believing what he just heard.

Now I can free myself... but what do I do about Melon?

I could ask the Shishigumi!

I stopped running and turned back, and started running to where I left that lion a while ago. Thank god, he was still there.

He seemed a bit surprised to see me again and I grabbed onto his suit and breathlessly exclaimed, "Do you wanna help get Melon out of jail!?"

He looked even more surprised and said, "I'm not the leader of the Shishigumi."

I took a deep breath, restoring my energy and said, "Take me to to your leader."

***

"Why'd you bring her." A large lion with a large 'X' scar on his face asked.

"Agata, she's a cheetah, why a cheetah? I'm sure there were plenty of other lions out there." Another lion with narrow eyes and a scratch on his eye said.

Before this, Agata could say anything I jumped in on answering myself, "You guys probably know me as a stripper in the black market! I- I need your guys' help getting Melon out of jail!"

I looked down at my feet and added, "I'll do anything."

All the lions in the room stared at me. Their looks resembling one's that have just seen a ghost, and out of nowhere, the narrow eyes started laughing hysterically, wiping his tears in the process.

"You think we'll help a nobody like you? What does a stripper have to offer?" He spat between laughs.

"Free, not now." This 'X' scar lion said. Free stopped laughing, still wiping away his remaining tears and 'X' scar said, "Tell us more about what happened."

I tightened my grib around the strap of my bag before starting to give them all the information they wanted.