Chapter 33

I walked into the bathroom and washed my face with cold water. Why was he acting like this all of a sudden. It's not like he liked me either way. If he did, he would say something.

Everything was so embarrassing. I am going to make him reject me after dinner.

*after eating*

"Is there anywhere you want to go." Melon asked when we walked out of the store. I shook my head and said, "No, not really."

He nodded and said, "Than I'll get going."

Before he could leave any further, I grabbed his hand and he turned to me. My face, beetroot red.

"Reject me." I hesitantly said. We stayed in this position for a while. None of us said a word. I couldn't say anything.

"Ma'am, please let go of him." A male officer said, jogging over to Melon and I. I was a carnivore after all.. I let go and turned away from Melon.

"Please follow me." The officer said. I nodded before I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and saw Melon taking off his mask and say, "Why don't you tell him babe?"

Then he turned to the officer and said, "We're dating. Don't worry, she won't harm me." He had a smile plastered on his face. His teeth were showing. The officer apologized and left. He seemed a bit afraid of the energy Melon radiated. Which I'm sure was a normal reaction.

"Why'd you lie?" I asked after the officer left.

"I didn't want my admiror to get consequences like that." He said with a smile. "I thought you'd like that lie." He added.

"I would if we were actually dating." I mumbled. He pulled my hand, and gave me a light hug and said, "Then let it be that way."

I felt my face heat up and I pushed him off, hiding my face. "We're not going to see each other." I said as I looked down on the ground.

"Don't switch our roles like that. I was supposed to give an answer to your confession." He said as he walked closer to me. I didn't move and said, "I didn't confess. You just overheard my conversation with Yafya."

He thought about it and lifted my chin up. I shut my eyes and he said, "Don't be like that. Seeing each other doesn't seem like a bad idea at all."

He put a hand on my waist and pulled me into another hug.

"You're being weird." I said, slowly wrapping my own arms around his back.

"I thought I was always weird." He said with a chuckle.

"I meant that you were acting different. You're getting out of character. The Melon I know doesn't care about me, and doesn't ever hug me."

"Then should I take my leave. Don't make me regret claiming you in front of your Mr. Phil."

"He isn't mine, and don't leave." I mumbled as I tightened my arms around his back. A chuckle escaped his lips and he said, "I sure am acting a bit off."

I have him a hum in agreement and we stayed like this.

"Melon." I said backing up a bit. "Mr. Phil ordered a hotel room for tonight." I admitted.

Melon's face turned cold again and he said, "You still don't want me to kill him." I shook my head and got closer to him hugging him again.

"Don't kill him." I mumbled.

He hummed and wrapped his arms around my back and I said, "Melon, do you get nightmares at night?"

He shushed me and said, "Don't ruin the moment." I nodded and snuggled into his shirt.

"You can stay with me tonight." He said after a while of silence. We were still in each other's arms. I nodded and broke our hug. "Shouldn't I go get my stuff then." I asked looking to he direction of my university.

"It almost feels like you wanna see your Mr. Phil." Melon commented. I vigorously shook my head and said, "No! It's really not like that. You know that I li-" I paused and said, "I'll stay than. It's late either way."

I earned chuckle from Melon. He put his mask back on and stuffed his hands in his pockets. "Let's go." He said. I followed behind him, purposefully falling a step back.

Never did I ever think this day would come. I felt so special. Dating someone so who doesn't show much emotion other than sadism and pain. Some on unremorseful. I felt like the star of the show.