Chapter 13

I broke the hug when I realized it was getting a bit awkward. At least it was for me. I rubbed the back of my neck nervously as I asked, "Was this hug worth being you first?"

He didn't say anything, but just sat down and pulled out a knife from his pocket. He revealed the blade and pointed it at his thigh before saying, "I actually felt alive for a bit without being in pain." I smiled but was worried by the sigh of the box cutter in his hand.

I reached down to the knife and held onto his hand again as I helped retract the blade back into the base.

"Melon, please." This was so frustrating! I'm doing all this while being scared of him every second. He was a child! He mature child. A man child!

I took the knife and the gun into my hands and headed back to my seat to hide them in my bag. "I'll keep these for now. Shit, I'm so scared of you, yet I'm doing all this."

"I'm gonna kill you tonight." He states as he takes the pudding and takes off the lid. He pulled down his mask and crafted a small spoon out of the lip and satrted eating the pudding little by little.

After a couple small intakes he placed the spoon on the table and stuck out his tongue and turned the pudding container upside down right above his mouth,  waiting for it to fall out.

It did and he swallowed the pudding whole without chewing or hesitating. He threw the small plastic container and foil spoon he made earlier into a trash bin next to his desk.

I didn't say anything and just sat down as I kept my eyes locked on him. He walked up to the board and continued writing things down on the board. A yawn escaped my lips as my eyes grew heavier.

"Get some rest for now." He said without turned to me.

I giggled a bit before saying, "You said you'd kill me today."

"Why would I do it in a classroom? I don't wanna get fired just yet." He said as he kept writing down historical contexts on the chalkboard.

Another yawn escaped my lips as I closed my eyes and gently rested my head on my crossed arms on the table.

"Don't kill me just yet." I say with a yawn before drifting off to sleep.

***

"Y/n! She's gonna die if you don't do anything!"

"W-Where is she!?"

"Y/n, you're no good. You slut."

"Come here little slut."

"Wait! I need to save her! She's gonna get eaten!"

"You're a hybrid aren't you?"

"Legoshi!? Louis! Haru!"

"Miss Y/n, are you alright?"

"I need to save her! She's gonna get eaten!"

"Y/n? It's just a dream... wake up."

I open my eyes and stare at my trembling hands. "I'm sorry." I calmly state as I open my textbook to the right page.

"Are you alright? Do you need to go to the nurse's office?" Melon asked.

I shook my head and said, "Sorry, this isn't the first time either."

"It's alright." Melon said as he continued writing things down on the board and explaining the contexts in the textbook.

Haru passed a small piece of paper to me. I kept it hidden and cautiously unfolded the piece of paper.

'Did something out of the ordinary happen?'

The words were neat and small, but big enough for me to read. I pulled out a pencil and started writing on the back of it.

'I'm fine, just tired. Did I say anything?' I folded the paper and slowly slid it to Haru.

She slowly picked it up and after a few seconds started writing down a few things before passing it back to me.

I unfolded the paper and as I was about to read the contents, Melon called out. "Miss Y/n, please put that piece of paper away."

Slowly every pair of eyes started turning my directions.

I gulped back the embarrassment I was feeling and put the paper away into my pencil case before Melon said, "Okay, guys. Please pay attention. Let's keep going."

Everyone turned away and averted their attention back to Melon. Haru had an apologetic smile of her face and I shrugged I off reassuring her that it was fine.