Chapter 42

(Melon's POV)

I held tightly onto Y/n, for I knew that if I let go she'd jump without hesitation. I looked deep into her pained eyes and felt a single butterfly in my stomach. A smile appeared on my lips as I started patting her head.

She tried breaking free, but every time she did, I tightened my grip around her. I wasn't planning on letting her go. If she was going to jump, I'd jump with her. She meant a lot to me.

The only reason I told her all about what I did was to cover up the pain I felt. She betrayed me. It made me sad. Never have I ever thought that a meer creature like her would have such an affect me.

She was a hybrid, maybe that made her special, but there were other hybrids out there. She was just... special.

"Don't worry Y/n, I'm not going to let you go. I'll make sure you live a happy life. I love you."

"You're like everyone else!!" She yelled, "Don't touch me like I belong to you! You... you damn hybrid! Don't touch me! What makes you better than Danny! Than Phil! Than all the other men I've slept with! Let go!"

The butterfly multiplied in my stomach, but within seconds, they died. Even after her scolding, I kept a tight grip on her.

I pushed her to the ground, now feeling more like my old self before I met Y/n and slowly started leaving kiss marks on her neck.

"If you think that's the case, let me help support that statement." I groaned into her ears.

She didn't seem to be enjoying it, which wasn't a surprise at all. This was considered assault after all, and this did make me look like the other guys that laid hands on her body.

Before I could continue, a hand ran across my cheek. I closed my eyes and got up, finally getting a hold of myself. Y/n had tears streaming down her tear line and I said, "I know you hate me now. But don't jump." and with that I left her lying down on the cold grass, on a cliff, above the deep, blue water.

I was sure she wouldn't jump. She'd have to be an idiot to do that. It was a fact, a gut feeling, an 100% fact that she wouldn't jump. She couldn't have. At least not today.

I was happy things ended this way. They could've gone a lot worse. This way Y/n won't be involved with my affairs, she will forget me, and more importantly, she'll now hate me.

She was never good for my heart. The feelings of love and happiness were annoying. I could now go back to being who I was. The cold antagonist, Melon, the hybrid.

I didn't mind that at all. It sounded rather pleasant.

"You sad hybrid! I know that you're sad! I hate you!" Y/n's voice echoed through the trees. A smile crossed my lips and I mumbled to myself, "I am the sad hybrid..."