Chapter 12

"Haru-chan? What happened?" I ask at lunch time. She's been down all day so I decided to ask. She took a sip from her chocolate milk box and let out a sigh.

"The other day Legoshi was hospitalized from a bullet in the stomach and he almost died. He didn't even contact me!"

My face drops as I think about what might've happened. Then I remembered the past few hours. I realized that I still had the gun in my bad. I was going to return it to Melon.

"Haru, I need to talk to Melon sensei about history. Do you mind?" She shook her head and said, "Go ahead. See you in class then." before taking another sip of her chocolate milk.

I got up and waved her a goodbye before walk in off with my bag. I looked around the cafeteria but he didn't seem to be there. I walkie out of the cafeteria and headed to the history classroom.

Just as expected he was there. I had bought a pudding before coming by for him... kind of. It was more of a 'thank you for sparing me' gift.

He turned to me and smiled with his eyes. I walked in and gently closed the door behind. "Good afternoon." I say with a small wave as I walk closer as I dig through my bag.

"Good afternoon, what brings you here?" He asked as he placed the chalk in his hand on the chalkboard sill.

I pulled out the gun and pudding and reached my hands out, displaying the items.
He looked a bit confused so I clarified things, "I wanted to return your g-gun... and the pudding is a small thank you gift. Also I have a question."

He opened his eyes and took the items out of my hand. "Thanks for the pudding. It's bold of you to bring a gun like this to school. You should be more careful. What'd you think of the gun?" He asked as he walked over to his desk and put the pudding on the desk and the gun in his bag.

"I didn't know how it worked, but it was a lot lighter than I'd expected. I wasn't sure if it was charged or not so I stayed away from the trigger." I admitted.

He hummed and sat down on his chair. "The question being?"

I walked over to the first row of the lecture room and placed my bag on the middle seat while saying, "I heard that Legoshi was hospitalized from a bullet to his stomach. Do you know anything about it?"

He rested his head on his hand while looking my direction, while I unpacked my history textbooks and notebooks.

"Well, you can say I was the one behind it all." He admitted without a struggle.

I froze and accidently dropped my iPad in the process. We stayed frozen before he said, "I thought you had that coming. Why so surprised? I almost killed you yesterday, but here you are all frozen when I tell you how I almost killed your friend."

"Melon, you wouldn't understand." I finally say as I picked up my iPad. Thankfully the screen was safe but that didn't really matter right now. I gently placed the iPad on my desk and turned to face Melon.

"What makes you think that?" He asked with a sadistic smirk which I knew was plastered on his face through his mask.

"You... you don't know what love really feels like. Melon. All you know is pain. You inflict pain on others and yourself. Don't you think it's time to change?"

He got up and grabbed the gun from his bag and spun the bullet holder. (I'm not a gun expert...)

He placed the gun on his head and held onto the trigger. I froze, but I didn't want him to pull the trigger. "W-Wai-" He cut me off by saying, "If I pull the trigger and I end up with a bullet seeped into my skull then I'll stop."

After finishing his sentence he pulled the trigger without hesitation. I let out a long breath I didn't even realize I was holding. Slowly, I took a step closer to him as he spun the bullets again and loaded the gun.

Again pointing the gun at his head he said, "We live in a society Y/n." as he pulled the trigger again. I ran up to him and grabbed the gun and his hand.

"Stop it Melon. You don't have to be like this." I say as I try to take the gun away.

"Aren't you scared of me right now? I have a gun with one bullet. Any of us could die." Melon said as he let go of the gun. I pulled it away and held it behind my back with one hand while the other held onto Melon's hand.

"I can help while I'm alive. I have a few things you don't. We can start now. Have you ever been hugged by anyone?" I ask as I place the gun on the table and grab his other hand. "A genuine hug." I clarify.

He shook his head so I hesitantly asked, "I'm scared right now but... can I give you a hug? A genuine one."

He shrugged and said, "Go for it."

I let go of his hands and slowly reached out to him. I slowly opened my arms wide and walked closer to him. He flinched a bit but I kept going. Slowly wrapping my arms around his torso, I walk a bit closer.

I try my best to relax and soon do, it was a long and genuine hug. I don't think I've given this kind of hug to anyone in a while.

I hug him tighter and pull him closer. "Melon, I'm sure you still have a chance." I say as I close my eyes.

I stayed stiff and didn't say a word. I couldn't help but giggle a bit in my kind. A 24 year old man who's never been hugged before.