Chapter 9

Louis was bandaged up behind a pair of sliding doors. His antlers have shed apparently. I quietly walked over to him and tapped on his shoulder before lifting up a linger in front of my lips, signaling him to stay silent.

His eyes widened and I smiled at him before peeping through a small hole near a me, to try and see what was going on. I saw Melon in the same old shirt sitting in front of the pack of lions I saw the other day with Louis.

I was sure that Melon sensed our presents so I gestured Louis to follow me. We slowly found our way out and I hear the doors from behind us slide open. It was dark, and Louis couldn't really see anything.

I decided to take lead and started sprinting as I grabbed onto Louis' worst and make our way out.

Soon we found an exit and we got out of the dark alley. "What are you doing here Louis?!" I yell as I keep my grip tight around his wrist.

He didn't say anything so I said, "Louis! I told you that it's dangerous for a herbivore to stay at a place like this. Why don't you understand? You're a herbivore! You may have different beliefs but this place is different. Why don't you see this?"

He pulled his hand away and said, "Thanks for the concern but my life has nothing to do with you. I'm going to live the way I believe is right, so please... try to understand it."

I ignored him and started walking again, grabbing his wrist again before dragging him out of the black market.

People were staring at us and commenting about how I'd gotten myself a previous prey and on guy tried gambling with me.

"Hey beautiful, you got a good slab of meat over there, how about a trade?" A hyena said as he got closer to Louis. I pulled him back and hid him behind my back before saying, "Look old man. I have no interest in giving up my prey. You can't even imagine what hell I went through to get this guy."

"I wonder what that little he'll you're talking about it." I leaned over to the hyena and whispered into his ear, "I stole him from the Shishigumi."

I straightened my back and saw the true horror written all over his face. I turned away and started towards the black market again. Louis kept walking behind me and I kept dragging him by his wrist.

We got out in a few minutes and stayed silent.

"What were you doing there?" I asked Louis. He sighed before saying, "I was about to ask the same thing."

I let out a sigh right after his sentence before saying, "You answer first."

"I just happened to stumble upon them, but they ended up having a new leader."

"I guess I was following the new leader then."

Louis' eyes widened and he started scolding me about how I could've died and how it was a senseless choice. It was really out of character of him. He'd just tell me to be careful and walk off.

"Louis?" I grab his attention cutting him off, "Do you act different whenever you shed your antlers?"

He looked at me confused before realizing what I was trying to say. His face turned deep red when he turned away and said, "It has nothing to do with my antlers." He was all flustered. A new side of Louis I'd never seen before.

I laughed a bit before gently patting his back and taking him to a hotel place. I had all intentions to pay for the room but he refused. We said our goodbyes and he left.

The Sad Hybrid {{Melon x Reader}}On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara