Chapter 26

For the first time in awhile, I slept well. I felt rested. It was...unexpecting. I thought all the planning and stress would cause me to get nightmares...

I crawled out of bed, stretching my limps up in the air as I ran my fingers through my fur. I thought about all of my plans from last night as I headed to the restroom to get dressed for school.

I thought further into my plan on dropping out. I gave myself a deadline to get everything planned out. 2 weeks. In 2 weeks, I’m dropping out and living my life as an independent adult.

I took a shower and brushed my teeth, then gently patted my fur, neatening it out. I walked out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around my torso and picked out an outfit to wear to school.

A black turtleneck, with a pair of ripped jeans and a dark blue button-up shirt over it. I neatly stacked my notes and school supplies on top of each other, gently putting them in my bag.

I pulled out a black surgical mask from my drawer and put it on. I got a glimpse of the envelope lying on top of all my other papers before closing the drawer shut.

Before leaving, I checked myself in the mirror and left for class.

***

Like always, the first subject was history. I walked down the crowded halls alone. Haru and I haven’t talked much lately. I’ve been too selfish and busy with my own life. I walked into class and sat down near the window where Haru was. She was looking through her textbook, taking notes.

“Good morning Haru-chan.” I greeted as I placed my bag down and taking a seat.

“Oh, good morning Y/n. Tell me, what happened the other week?” She said as she placed her pencil down.

“I… I’m not sure how to explain it.” I said honestly. She shook her head in disapproval and said, “No, just tell me how it is. Who was that Zebra that took you guys out? Why didn’t you return to class?”

I thought about how to answer her question, whether it’d be a lie or a little bit of the truth.

“Well…” I started, then took a long pause, trying to put together words, “apparently… Melon was… not a teacher and he worked here to disguise his true self…. I wasn’t informed more about it.” I said cautiously.

The slight truth with a sprinkle of lies. Perfect.

She shook her head again but this time in disappointment and said, “This world is going crazy.”

I nodded in agreement and said, “Haru-chan..” catching her attention. She turned to me and I leaned over to her ear and quietly whispered, “I’m dropping out.”

Her eyes had the look of both terror and disbelief. A small, faint, nervous chuckle escaped my lips, and right before she could say anything, Mr. Phil walked entered the classroom, in his usual suit and tie.

I was saved.

“Good morning class.” The black jaguar said as he placed his papers on the teacher’s desk.

“Good morning.” The class greeted him back, as they all took a seat.

“How are you all today?” He asked as he neatened out his suit. “Let’s go one by one, starting from the top left down.” He added when he looked up at us with a smile.

While I waited for my turn, I pulled out my textbooks and notebooks, and a piece of paper to plan further into my dropout.

*middle of class*

I was writing down all of my plans on the piece of paper, writing down what I’ll do one by one. A loud cough interrupted my thoughts, catching my attention. I looked towards the source of the cough and saw Mr. Phil looking at me.

I gave an apologetic smile and folded the piece of paper, putting it in my bag. Mr. Phil didn’t seem happy with me not giving him undivided attention, which I totally understood. It was my wronging.

I watched him read the textbook to us, his tail as still as a time. It felt like I’ve been sitting here, staring at Mr. Phil for hours now. I wasn’t even paying attention and was on the verge of falling asleep.

I saw Mr. Phil look at me several times throughout the course. We exchanged looks, not in a weird or romantic way though, which I assumed was him, making sure I was paying attention and me reassuring him that I was.

After a long hellish eternity, the bell rang, indicating to us that class was over. I lazily started packing my stuff when I heard Mr. Phil say, “Miss. Y/n, could you please stay back.” I nodded to myself and quickly finished packing my things and walking over to his desk.

After everyone left, Mr. Phil took off the jacket of his suit and sat down on his chair professionally. I waited for him to ask me to deliver something to the teacher’s office but he didn’t.

Instead, he said, “I heard rumors about you slutting around.” He loosening up his tie. “I’ve been having a stressful time lately.” He added as he took up and walked over to me.

I froze in spot not knowing what to do or say. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me by the waist into his chest.

I tried pulling away when I regained control over my body but he was too strong. Why was it that I always have to go through this. Last time was the same.

I looked up at Mr. Phil and he gently grabbed my chin pulling me into a kiss.

No! What if someone walks in on us! Stop!

I tried pushing him off but the more I struggled, the kiss only got stronger and more forceful. I felt tears start pricking in my eyes as I gave up.

He broke the kiss, trying to restore the air in his lungs, and looked me in the eyes, with a smirk on his face. I tried pushing him off but his grip around my waist was too strong.

“Please… please stop.” I pleaded, hiding my face in his chest. I didn’t have any other place to hide my face in. Tears slowly streamed down my face as I said, “I… I don’t wanna be known for being a slut… I want to be your student, nothing more and nothing less.”

I felt so torn and weak. Like nothing, I said mattered anymore. All I could do was plead and as for mercy. A sigh escaped Mr. Phil’s lips as he pulled me closer to him and said, “You younglings are such a handful. I thought you’d be okay with this. Aren’t you supposed to be used to all of this?”

“I am!” I exclaimed pulling away looking him in the eyes, “I am! But I grew feelings for someone. And I don’t wanna do this anymore.”

His expression changed and he said, “Young love.” before letting me go. I jumped back and said, “Please…. respect me like you’d respect any other student.” before heading to the door and running out of the classroom.