Chapter 10

Shit... I shouldn't have gone back.

*an hour ago*

After saying goodbye to Louis, I checked my phone to see that it was already 5 am. I sighed and put my phone back into my pocket and headed back to the black market.

The sun was nowhere being up. I entered the black market and headed back to the Shishigumi building.

When I entered through the same exit, I was greeted with a gun on my head.

"I thought we were done for now Y/n." Melon greeted with an innocent smile.

"I need to say 2-3 things. Before toy shoot me." I say lifting my hands up in defeat.

"1. Are the Shishigumi around? Will they hear me talk?"

"I told them to leave a while ago." He charged his gun and pointed it back at me. His smile was still plastered on his face.

"2. Can I tell you how I feel right now?"

"Depends on how long it'll take. I also have a question."

I nod and he says, "How much of the conversation did you hear?"

I gave him a look of confusion before starting to brainstorm, but nothing really came to mind.

"I heard everything." I say with a smug smile.

"Mmh. Guess I'll have to kill you then." He said slowly tugging on the trigger.

"Wait! I didn't even tell you how I feel right now!" I exclaim before letting out a sigh when he lowered the gun.

"I'm amused by your reactions. Go ahead, I'll wait."

"Well, in all honesty, I'm tired. I don't get a lot of sleep because of my job and right now I'm on a hiatus. I'm actually really scared right now and don't wanna die, but it's fine, you can kill me. Just let me finish. I'm scared of you. In all honesty you're the one animal I've feared so much in my entire life. The moment I walked into class, I sensed that you were a hybrid and I couldn't take the smell. But recently I've not been sensing that intoxicating scent of yours."

I take a deep breath before continuing, "Well, yeah. Oh wait! Also, I think I'm about to piss my pants, I'm actually scared. Like really scared. What do you think of me?"

I didn't know what I was saying at this point. I just wanted to live a bit longer.

"You're an interesting animal. Usually, my victim's ask for mercy, but at the end, you guys are the same. Trying to save yourselves. You think I didn't notice what you're trying to pull of right now."

"Hmmm, it's hard hiding anything from you... well then, can I eat something before I go? I mean, I have some money on me. I just wanna have my favorite dish before, you know. You can say no, but like, I won't run away."

"Didn't you say that you were scared of me?" He asked a bit amused this time. I could never read his face. He always had his poker face on, or it was his innocent smile.

"I am, but I am a man of my word. You can trust me on that. Also, do you realize how much I changed from the first time I met you? I was always scared of you and avoided you, but now... I guess you can say I gave up. Also what are my chances of living?"

"Not so high. I prefer this side of you more."

"You know, I think you're insane. I mean in a good way? I'm not sure. I just... don't like you Melon. When I first met you, I really wanted to sink my teeth into your flesh and have a taste of your meat."

He stayed silent and at last put his gun in the inner side of his shirt. "Let's go get something to eat." He said with a sigh.

He walked past me back out of the exit and I just stayed there, frozen in spot. Did he just spare me?

(I know that in the manga you'd be dead meat, but you know, this is a xreader. So yeeee, you live!)

"Are you coming?" He asked, without sparing a glance. I snapped out of my messy thoughts and started speed walking towards him.

"Melon..." I started, he hummed and I said, "thanks. Is there anything I could do for you?"

"Save it. What do you have that I don't?" I had an answer, but... it wasn't something that I was willing to say.

"What's your answer. I should know. Love, friends, a life even." He calmly stated as we continued walking towards the main road in the black market.

I didn't say anything. This whole time I thought making sudden moves in front of him was risky, but now I think that even thinking could be a death penalty. Those were the exact things I was thinking of.

"So I guessed it." He said with an innocent smile.

I didn't reply to that either.

We stayed silent before he said, "Have you ever held a gun? Have you ever seen on in real life?"

I looked at him and shook my head. He had his expressionless face on, so I didn't really know what he was thinking.

He looked away so I decided not to say anything.

***

We arrived at a ramen shop in another area still located in the black market. I took a seat on a small square table near a tree, with faire lights wrapped around the bark and branches.

Melon took a seat across me and we sat there in silence, as I admiring the surroundings.

Me long unbuttoned a couple buttons slightly revealing his chest.

The sun was slowly starting to light the world. I checked my phone to see that it was already 6 am.