Chapter 22

That Thursday night.

Al was pounding the punching bag so mercilessly he could swear it would beg for him to stop if it can talk, The Alpha's droplets beads of sweat were whisking here and there throughout further butchering the material, Chase and him were working out in the school's gymnasium.

Both topless and in the mood to hit it hard.

"Izon and Tate then up en' left me there alone after that." Chase huffed out a breath, his six-pack glinting in the light.

"I missed breakfast and since I was still really hungry I grabbed a subway. Skipped three classes...or was it four? Anyway there's this new artificial leg on sale with USB compartments." The Delta was talking about his day while doing crunch-ups.

Meanwhile Al was too distracted to listen, remembering what happened during lunch, Weiler approaching Cyrus. He clicked his tongue. Vein lines showing on Al's forehead, his wavy drenched blonde locks sticking onto his temple.

Envy crawling within his mindset.

Bhom!

Whack!

Bhom!

That piece of garbage just had to come back when I found my mate, and Weiler even starts making a move on Cyrus! Fuck, what I'd give to have shifted earlier at lunch and put my overly-proper cousin in his shitty place. Al crashed his fist and the bag finally caves in, disconnecting from it's secured chain it flew across the gym surprising Chase.

Finally the thing comes to a stop, sand spilling from the ruined bag near the double doors where Rainier stood. He glanced at it then turned to his friends. "Is this a really bad time? Because I've got something you need to see Al."

Shrugging off his leather boxing gloves then undoing the bandages Al nods shortly. "Lay it on me, I've got shit tons of paper work to handle tommorow we also got a officers sector meeting too; new sets of training courses." Rainier strolled over giving Al the police autopsy report and two bottles of water, he tossed a clean towel onto Chase's head.
(Rainier is 90.9999% the mom among the three of them.)

The Alpha flipped open the files, examining the carcass of the pregnant Rogue while chugging down the cold water.

Rainier cautions him. "That's the only body found inside our territory Al, I don't want to be judgemental. But it's clearly done by an Alpha; A Nightwalker." The Beta looks over his shoulder, being careful of their surroundings.

Who knows if they were under surveillance.

"I overheard Weiler thinks it's you, because he checked the dog tags. You told me you just pulverised some trees then left. Al. Whoever is setting you up isn't an amateur."

The Alpha and The Delta gazed at each other, then back to the intelligent second in command. "You're saying we're up against some professional guy than just a serial killer?"

"Exactly, and they certainly mean business."

---------------------

Cyrus's left ear twitches detecting proud footsteps behind him, he didn't turn around since it was just his roommate. The quiet boy was currently reviewing for a quiz reading on silently.

Though he's now been repeating the same paragraph over and over again, Cyrus knows he couldn't dismiss Al any longer.

The expressionless male still couldn't get pass the fact that Al held him, Cyrus can't shake the malicious thoughts of 'what if The Alpha had secretly took advantage of him in his sleep?' Cyrus had all the right reasons to believe that, with how he was treated. Given Al's abusive behaviour and he's randomly impulsive while Cyrus was closed-off.