Chapter 41

:3
Kiss your sanity goodbye

The Omega holds her breath.

It's him? the new Zeta. He's the one I saw in my vision, the one person who'd stop Al. I know Zetas were strong but nothing like this...and there's no proof yet if this guy is actually a werewolf.

But Cyrus managed subdue him, Jessie. We know that's not an easy thing to do---for just ANYBODY even if he is a Zeta, more impossible if he's just a human. Jessie wolf; Rose, was indeed correct.

I know, I just pray Cyrus won't be like Al. That would be a big problem, if they BOTH decide to mistreat everyone. It's bad enough we already gotta deal with one tyrant, we don't need another one.

Jessie's precise aim was on him, her sharpshooter pink irises locked in on Cyrus; observing him. Jessie had her trained long index finger, grazing the trigger of the sniper gun loaded with Wolfsbane tranquillisers. The Omega's original target was The Alpha because Miranda trusted it to her in case, well, something like this happens. And she hoped never to use it---but she has to.

Jessie was about to shoot Al to get him to stop beating everyone up. Though when Cyrus bravely interfered, The Omega held back pulling the trigger.

Cyrus seemed genuinely nice to me the last time we talked, but I can't be too comfortable. Because he's lying about who he is, that classified file I saw in my vision was definitely about himself.

Jessie got up from her position, trying to tap mind link with Ernie for help yet she's blocked. Don't tell me Pater is distracting him again? Jessie makes a run for it to find her adoptive father, because people are going to need him.

------------------------

Al outstretched his muscular arms.

"WANNA BE ALPHA!? THEN BEAT ME AT THIS YEAR'S TOURNAMENT FINALS! AND THE POSITION ALONG WITH EVERYTHING I STAND FOR IS FUCKING ALL YOURS! TAKE IT! I CHALLENGE ANYONE WHO TRIES!"

The Alpha had everyone shocked.

Including Shane, who didn't make it in time to stop the fight and was out of breath running all the way to their gymnasium.

The Younger Alpha held himself up in the doorway panting, he couldn't even believe what he heard. Al had done something no one in the Nightwalker family history has ever committed before, usually it's the other way around with werewolves challenging the Alphas. But Al just declared to challenge anyone to take his title for the position of heir, to become the new successor; Head Alpha.

"A-Al...why would you do this?" Shane whispers to himself as scared students made room for the walking time-bomb who ignored everyone and just left.

He didn't even spear to look at Shane, as Al goes pass him coated in injuries and bruises from the fight. The Younger Alpha wanted to go after his brother, but the depression in Al's once bright amber orbs seem too distant even for Shane to get his older brother back. It upsets him, that he miserably fails to help Al and he knows why The Alpha offered the position to anyone who tires, anyone but himself. Al doesn't want him to become the Head Alpha.

He thinks Shane is weak.

Maylin and Emmett go over to Cyrus who was still standing there, his dark eyes trailing after where Al exited. He was greeted with admiration and people were talking about him, how awesome and badass he was, going up against the renowned Alpha that they haven't seen anybody as courageous as himself to stand up to Al. Cyrus didn't answer to anyone, because this wasn't something he himself found to be proud of. No, it was actually the other way. Cyrus was so disappointed with himself for fighting Al, who was clearly going through some personal problems.