Chapter 16

His analytical gaze was marked on the back of Cyrus as he heads to his first class, it was fishy that the boy didn't get lost in the enormous constructed castle like school. Shane wondered about it.

Was he the reason we sniffed decaying werewolves all around the campus?

Then again auntie M could have given him a grand tour of the school grounds yesterday while we we're all outside...

She's smart enough not to allow young Rouges into Northwood; with Al and all.

He knows that his auntie Miranda was passionate about taking in any Strays, because it both gains more people to the Nightwalker territory and pack while saving leaderless packs from Rouges.

Though, this is a first time Shane thinks it's a mistake to take in some outsider.

The smiling young man happily greets and says 'good mornings' and 'hellos' to anyone who walked up to Shane, which were a lot of human girls and female werewolves; even the ones with mates.

Shane appreciated all of the students who approach him; being a role model.

It's too much of a coincidence that he comes along and this miserable smell...

Moon goddess, what is wrong with me? I don't even know the newbie that well yet and I'm already judging him, dang it.

Maybe I'm wrong, and I'm too paranoid about this over-thinking he's a Rouge.

Waltzing into the same classroom as Cyrus did, the salute and smiles of girls and guys welcomed Shane. Giving out high fives and waves to everyone as he sat in the front row, Shane always liked listening to the teachers and learning a lot. Even though the Younger Alpha took advance classes with the senior students, it doesn't hurt to go back and refresh his mind to his current lessons.

Then the teacher, a middle aged woman who is a Delta werewolf; Mrs. Briston, comes in through the doorway and asks everyone to settle down accordingly.

Shane's also really fond of Mrs. Briston, she doesn't make much of a big deal that he is in her class, treating Shane like any other regular student of hers.

"Good morning class, today we'll be having somebody new join us...?" She scans the room and sees Cyrus at the very back slouching. "Ah---you. Please, come up and introduced yourself."

All heads glance at him.

Cyrus suddenly jerks his head mostly frightening the woman and the whole class including Shane, he was...scary.
Shane could feel this grieving energy that casted itself around Cyrus and it becomes known when he stood up.

That Shane was right.

He was a walking doomsday.

There's seriously this disaster he felt.

Going to the center front of the room Cyrus had he's abyss eyes to the ground. "Um...go ahead; tell us your name. I also heard you're our scholarship student."

Everyone watches on waiting for him to do something outlandish, like slam up someone's head to the chalkboard and write his name using the victims blood.

Cyrus only nods and walks to the board, where he picks up a chalk then writes with grace. But the way it shrills in the students and Mrs. Briston ears caused them all to cringe in torment, Shane too can't deny he's eardrums are bleeding.

"Alright! Mr. Cyrus...?" The teacher looked perplexed. "Wait, no surname?"

The class turns to her thinking she was demented to ask Cyrus to write more, though they were all spared when he shook his head and strides back to his seat in the back. Passing Shane's seat.