Chapter 11

"I..." Cyrus observed her every change of course, wanting to know what it meant to him being given the Black dog tag. Was it a good thing? Or the exact opposite? He watched Maylin paled a bit. Which signals to him it's the latter.

"Cyrus." Maylin finally mumbles after a minute. "I'm gonna be frank; you're the only one who has...that. The last person who was given a Black dog tag is long dead. Like I said before, we have seven rank sectors but the last one is nonexisting anymore, since the only ones who are handed that kind of tags are usu---" the school bell drowned out her sentence as Maylin looks at him and lowly whines. "Ugh, there's the bell..."

Cyrus huffs through the nose, his dull expressionless face gazed down. This means dinner time was officially done.

"Tomorrow then, I'll go find you if we have classes together. I'll let you know about your tag, though, you can also ask---err, write to your roommate and they might be happy to elaborate it." She chirps with optimism as they both stood to dispose of their used trays.

Cyrus is then reminded of the blonde boy who choked him earlier and his eyes turn to slits, he shakes his head.

"Why not? Oh right, which dormitory building are you at? I'm staying in the G-building, room 45." She mentioned, while Cyrus wrote onto his palm and turned it around for Maylin to read.

She squinted, the ink was sorta blur in his palms but she tried anyway and when it came together Maylin freaks, clutching her own shirt and double takes. Supporting herself on the wall.

"Y-You're rooming in fucking A- 97!?" She exclaimed, pointing to Cyrus with her slightly shaking finger, he nodded.

"That's Al's room! he's your roommate?"

Numerous heads spun around to the duo, they have been getting more attention on them since dinner time started. Which were more aimed at Cyrus being the mysterious fresh face, he didn't do anything much about those people who kept staring at them. Unless they gave him a reason, like bullying him and he'd punch them to the next planet. He despises abusive people.

Though, Cyrus isn't sure he can stand this much longer, people surrounding them began buzzing like a goddamn hornets nest to their friends. He didn't like that Maylin unintentionally blurt out to the whole school his sharing a room with the top dog of Northwood.

But he couldn't do anything about it.

Cyrus heard them all.

"Think he'll last a week with Al?"

"Pft-doubt the newbie will last a day."

"Al's gonna make a chew toy outta 'em."

"He doesn't even stand a chance."

"Wow, new meat's gonna die young."

"Can't wait to see his corpse after."

"Poor thing, glad it's not me."

"Bet ya fifty bucks he'll get a scar."

"Jesus Christ, he's really screwed."

His breathing raced up again.

Cyrus knuckles were transforming to white as his grip on the pen tightened, it then crippled and crushed between his fingers as everyone looked at his left hand. The ink gushed through mixing in some of his blood, dripping down. Then throbbing vein roots were lacing his neckline making parts of his silver tattoo bump up along the Xs and Is.

You're not gonna take their shit, right?

Show them you AREN'T a coward.