A New House

I threw open the door, "Here is our new home!" I called.

"Yay!" Lucas shouted as he and Skye ran past me. I hadn't showed them the house yet so they were exploring every part.

"I can't believe you finally bought it," June sighed.

"I know, I'm still in shock." I was elated. I had just bought my dream home, a four bedroom house. It was perfect for my family and as the kids grew up they would still have plenty of room. Ever since I had seen this house I knew it was exactly what I wanted. The house was bright and cheerful, it was a house that welcomed people. This house was going to be my oasis.

"Mommy come see my room!" Skye ran over to me and pulled on my hand. As soon as the house closed the movers moved us in. The kids were getting to see their new room for the first time ever. I laughed and let Skye pull me along.

 I laughed and let Skye pull me along

Her room was a good sized room. It looked exactly what a person would picture a little girl staying in. It was pink and pretty. Skye threw herself onto the bed.

"It looks like a princess bed!" Skye exclaimed. She began to examine every inch of the room.

"Can you quiet down?" Lucas walked over and stared at us.

"Can I see your room?" I asked.

"No," Lucas turned on his heels and walked out.

"Woah, what happened?" I asked surprised.

"School," Skye replied. There was a hint of hatred in her voice. She didn't like preschool.

"Let's go look at the rest of the house," I stuck my hand out and Skye took it quickly.

"Ok," she smiled and we walked out.