Dinner and the past

*Author's note* Ok so when I opened my account this morning I realized that this story had hit number 1 in the kissingbooth section. I'm still in shock but I just wanted to say thanks so much! Because of that, this chapter is dedicated to everyone who read, voted, and commented. Now, let's get into this.

"Hello?" I picked up the phone.

"Hey this is Noah Flynn," the man on the other side, Noah, said.

"Oh hey Noah," I smiled.

"Smiling already?"

"Pervert," I laughed.

"Sure," he replied sarcastically. "Anyway I was wondering if we could meet for dinner tonight. Something simple but yet sweet so we can catch up."

"Oh," I said surprised. This was moving kinda fast. "Sure, pick me up at eight?"

"You know it shelly," he laughed and hung up. I squealed like a little girl, Dad stared at me and I shrugged.

"I've got a date," I bounded up the stairs to get ready.

Noah's POV

"Dad really a date? Again?" My son, Nolan, sat on the couch staring at me. Nolan was fifteen and he had a mind of his own, he was exactly like me.

"Nolan," I scolded him. Or well tried to, he didn't care about what I thought. "It's just a dinner with a friend."

"Sure," Nolan rolled his eyes. "Friends don't squeal when they get off the phone with the other friend," he stood up and walked upstairs. So yeah, maybe I squealed when I got off the phone, but hey cut a man some slack, she was my first love.

"Nolan I'm leaving!" I called.

"Great!" Came the reply.

"Wonderful," I smiled and ran out the door. Tonight was the big night, no I wasn't going to tell Elle that I still loved her. No, tonight I was going to meet Elle Evans, not lawyer Elle, for the first time in years. My heart beat wildly, sure she had broken my heart but that was in the past. I just hoped she was in my future, I didn't want her to run away again. I walked up onto her door step and rang the door. The moment of truth.

"Hello?" A teen girl opened the door. "Oh you must be Mr. Flynn, would you like to come in?" The girl stepped out of the way and ushered me inside.

"Thank you," I smiled.

"Oh don't worry about it, anyway, I'm Skye, Elle's youngest." The girl stuck her hand out. Youngest aye, how many kids did Elle have?

"Noah Flynn," I shook her hand. Skye was cute, she reminded me of Elle at that age.

"I'm here, thanks for entertaining him Skye," Elle came down the stairs looking lovely, no surprise.

"Elle," I smiled.

"Noah," Elle was in a plain blue polka dotted dress. Her hair was in two little buns with some stray hair floating around her face. Dang, she is beautiful.

"You look lovely," I smiled.

"Ew, wait till you are outside then you can do whatever this is." Skye said with a laugh.

"Stay safe, Lucas is at his friends house." Elle kissed Skye's cheek.

"I will, have fun." She closed the door behind us.

"She's an angel," I smiled.

"She's more like a Mary Sue," Elle replied as she got in the car. I chuckled to myself, Elle had developed a sense of humor.

Elle's POV

It felt weird being in a car, with Noah, driving to a restaurant, with Noah, being dressed up, with Noah. Okay, okay, you can tell I'm in love. No Elle, stay calm. Noah may tell you he's married, or maybe that he's stopped dating. Oh man I gotta calm down. My heart threatened to jump out of my chest, my throat was dry, and every time I tried to start a conversation no words came out of my mouth.

"Here's your table," a waitress said and handed me and Noah menus. We were at my favorite restaurant, a place we used to come all the time.

"So how have you been?" Noah broke the ice.

"Pretty good surprisingly, business has been good. I have my perfect house, I have a ton of friends, Lucas and Skye are the perfect kids." I smiled. "What about you?"

"Good, good," Noah nodded. "Business has been great, you have been doing a great job with the case by the way." Noah smiled. "My son Nolan is doing well at school, that boy is such a handful." He added.

"Who's his mother?" I found myself asking. "I'm so sorry I wasn't thinking I-" I stuttered.

"You wouldn't know her," Noah sighed. "Don't feel bad for asking. Her name was Lillian, we got married in Vegas, you know how. And well, she got pregnant so we made it official everywhere else that we were married. She passed away fourteen years ago."

Crap, this guy's life sounds terrible. "I'm so sorry."

"Don't worry about it, we weren't really in love. Nolan's just having a hard time." Noah sighed.

Harsh, "How old is Nolan?"

"Fifteen, he was one when his mom passed."

"I see, Lucas is fifteen as well." I replied.

"Was Mike his father?" Noah added.

"Yes," my voice dropped. "We eloped, as you know, and Lucas came along ten months later. We were bouncing around from place to place, we couldn't keep a house. When Skye came I wasn't sure that we could even pay for the hospital bill, and well, we couldn't. Skye was born on the floor of a motel and she knows it. When she was five I packed up everything, divorced Mike, and came home. I was fed up with being poor and living in filth." My story was quite the plight.

"Wow, thats rough. You're very strong." Noah smiled sadly at me. I smiled back, my eyes watered but I didn't want Noah to know.

"Thank you," I said as I blinked rapidly. "I have to use the bathroom." I stood up and walked out of the restaurant.

"This isn't the bathroom, are you okay?" Noah said worriedly. He put his hand on my shoulder. I don't know what came over me but I turned and kissed him. I kissed him with such intensity I thought I might faint. When we broke apart to catch our breath we both smiled at each other. "Well now I'm taking this is a date." Noah smirked.

"Was it ever not a date?" I smiled back. Noah and I walked back inside. I guess no time had past, we were still high school's cutest couple. I love you Noah Flynn.

*Authors note* I hope y'all enjoyed! I made it extra long because I'm not uploading tomorrow, I'm taking tomorrow off to rest before I jump back into a new week. Thanks for reading, have an amazing day/night! ❤️❤️