Files

*Author's note* Hey y'all! Not gonna say anything because my brain is too dead to think of anything to say. Anyway, this is dedicated to @Tsklareski and @KRusso15. Enjoy,

It had been a week since I had found out, and now that I knew I had been sleeping better. It felt like a burden had been taken off my shoulder. I had returned to work and everything was going well. The kids were out of school on summer break and they were busily planning the wedding. Noah and I are just trying to survive, work has been crazy for both of us. But even with all the craziness we were happy. 

"Elle we just got some information," Marco popped his head in. 

"What do you have?" I asked. 

"Not much, just the date for the trial." Marco said. 

"Nothing much? That's massive! When is it?" I asked. I wanted to rip the file out of Marco's hand but I didn't want to rip it. 

"July 5th," Marco stated. 

"So soon after the 4th of July?" I asked surprised. 

"Yes, I'm not sure why though." He replied. 

"Well, I guess we'll have to start preparing." I frowned. I glanced at the calendar, it was June 4th, one month till the trial. "Do we know who his lawyer is?" I asked as I grabbed a note pad. 

"Matthew Stone" Marco said. I nodded, Mr. Stone was a famous lawyer who only the richest could afford. I had heard good things about him, he barely lost cases. 

"I see," I said. "Hopefully Mr. Stone isn't as good as people say that he is." 

"Hopefully," Marco repeated. "Well I should go start preparing." Marco smiled and left. Before he left he put the file on my desk and left. I grabbed the file and started flipping through. There wasn't much as of now, mostly little facts about Matthew Stone. There wasn't anything of value, just things from the internet. I grabbed the file I had on Mike and I began to flip through. There had to be something, I had been married to this guy, I must know something. What was his favorite food? His favorite color? His favorite meal? How did I know so little about this guy! 

"Elle you okay?" Marco popped his head back in my office. "You are pacing pretty loudly." He groaned. 

"Oh," I said. I looked around and I realized I had been pacing. "I didn't realize." 

"Elle calm down, don't worry about the Mike case right now. Worry about all those other cases you have." Marco went to the file drawer and pulled out another file. "Look at this family," he set a file down in front of me. "Or this one," he pulled out another one. "Do you need to go home again?" He asked. 

"I'm sorry the baby is making me stressed." I sighed.

"Baby?" Marco asked. Wait, I hadn't told him about the baby!

"Yeah, I'm pregnant." I said. 

"No way! Congrats Elle!" Marco ran over and hugged me. "You do know that means you will have to take maternal leave, right?" He said breaking the hug. 

"Yes I know," I rolled my eyes. "Now leave, I gotta get to work." I shoved him out of my room. 

"That's the Elle I know!" Marco said with a laugh. He walked back to his office and this time I made sure to lock my door.