Epilogue

"Push," the doctor said. 

I was in a hospital room, giving birth. 

"Push," the doctor repeated. I wanted to scream that I am pushing in his face, but I didn't want to get kicked out right in the middle of the miracle of birth.

Whoever said that giving birth was a miracle, had never given birth. Birth is not a miracle, it's just a lot of pain and some drugs to numb the aforementioned pain. I looked at Noah, who was pacing back and forth, very helpful.

The kids weren't here. Skye was away at Harvard and Lucas was in school, he was going to come as soon as school was finished. Lee was stuck at work and June was coming as soon as possible. Only Dad was here, but he was waiting outside, he said that he didn't like "watching the miracle happen" and I can't blame him.

"I'm never doing this again," I told him. The doctor. 

"I wouldn't advise it Mrs. - push!" He called again. I groaned. Suddenly a wail filled the air. A nurse ran over and grabbed the new baby. I took a breath but for some reason, the pain hadn't subsided. "Keep pushing!" The doctor cried. 

I pushed and suddenly another small cry was heard. Twins. I turned to Noah, "I knew I should have looked at the ultrasound." Noah had been adamant about letting him 'take care of it'. I now see that I never should have let him persuade me. 

"Here you are ma'am," the nurse said. She placed the babies in my arms. I looked at Noah, who appeared to be tearing up.

I gazed down at the small creatures. They both had Noah's eyes but my nose. They both stared up at me with a smile. Maybe whoever said that birth was a miracle, was right. 

"What are their names?" The nurse asked. I shot Noah a look. 

"Ace and Scarlett." Noah and I said in unison.