A Call

*Author's note* Hey y'all this is dedicated to @KRusso15 now let's begin.

Skye's POV

"Who's this?" I asked myself as I pulled my phone out of my pocket. It was an unknown number, probably spam. For some unknown reason I clicked the accept instead of decline. I held the phone up to my ear and listened.

"Hello?" A man's voice said. "Is this Skye Evans?" I gulped, who was this?

"Yes, and who are you?" I asked, I hoped whoever I was calling couldn't tell that I was nervous.

"Skye this is your father," my heart dropped to my toes.

Elle's POV

As soon as the man was out of the office I jumped up and ran home. Who knew what this man was going to do. I drove home as fast as I could. My mind was reeling and I thought I would throw up. I grabbed my phone and called Lucas. 

"Lucas!" I said as soon as he picked up.

"Yeah? What's up?" He asked. 

"Have you gotten any unknown calls?" 

"No?" He replied. 

"Ok, what about Skye?" I asked. 

"I'm not home," he said blankly. 

"What!" I exclaimed. 

"Mom what's wrong?" He asked over the phone. 

"Where did you go?" I asked. 

"Football practice," he stated like it was the most obvious thing ever. I mentally kicked myself for forgetting.

"Right, don't accept any unknown calls." I stated. 

"Sure, now can you pl-" I hung up on him mid sentence. 

"I gotta get home," I hit the gas peddle. 

Lucas's POV 

"Sure, now can you pl-" Mom hung up on me. I rolled my eyes and grabbed my bag. Mom sounded upset and worried. She was never like this, she was usually very stable and in control of her emotions. "Coach family emergency," I said.  

"Okay, good luck Evans, but I expect you to be here tomorrow." Coach shouted.

"Ok!" I smiled and ran to my bike. I was on the Junior Varsity, JV, team, so Coach wasn't as intense but he still worked us hard. 

I jumped onto my bike and began to peddle the mile to my house. Whatever was going on was really getting to Mom. I peddled as fast as I could, she had freaked out when I told her Skye was home alone so whatever was happening involved us kids. I arrived at the house at the same time Mom did. 

Skye's POV  (sorry for all the POV changing) 

"D-dad?" I stuttered. 

"Hi honey," the voice was soft and it sounded like the man on the other side was upset. "How are you?" 

"I'm ok, how are you?" I asked nervously. 

"I am fine, darling it's so good to hear your voice." He said. 

I bit my lip to keep from crying so instead I asked. "Why did you and Mom get divorced? What went wrong? Was it because of me?"Those questions had plagued me my whole life, I needed answers. 

"Can we meet up?" Dad sounded broken.

"Where?" I asked. I knew it was risky but I couldn't help it, I wanted to see my dad.

"Sunset cafe, how about next Saturday?"

"I would love that," I smiled. "Can I tell Mom?" If he said no I was calling it off.

"Of course, I love you." He smiled. My heart stopped, he loved me?

"Yeah ok, bye." I smiled, hung up, and added Dad to my contacts. 

"Skye!" Mom called as she and Lucas burst through the front door.

"Yeah?" I asked. 

"Did you get any calls today?" She asked.

"Yeah, one from Dad." I stated. There was no reason to lie. Mom's face went pale and she sat on the couch. Ok maybe I should have eased her into the answer.  

"Ok I think it's time to tell you what's happening."