Rest

*Author's note* Hey guys, I just realized I didn't show you the ring, oops here you go, 

A photo because I don't know how to describe it. Now, this is dedicated to @PavilKuku! Now enjoy.

I sat at my desk trying to think of a way to start the case file. I usually was the one defending people not being the one who was being defended. I hadn't been sleeping and I was terribly stressed. The engagement and dates with Noah were distracting me but the case still hung cover my head. Mike had gotten the best lawyer around but the lawyer hadn't said anything to us. I had no idea what he was planning and I hated it. I hated not knowing things because it makes me feel stupid. I twisted the engagement ring on my finger, a habit I had recently picked up. 

"Elle?" Marco stuck his head in. 

"What?" I saw nervously. "Please don't tell me the lawyer is suing us." 

"No," he chuckled. "Here's the file for the Morrison case," He said. He put the file on my desk. I had been taking on other cases to keep myself busy. I yawned and Marco stared at me. "Elle are you ok?" 

"Fine, I'm just tired," I reached for the file but Marco held it in place. 

"Elle, you are not ok," he said. His voice was full of worry. 

"I said I am fine so I'm fine!" I yelled. I never yelled but I was so tired my patience had run out awhile ago. 

"Elle out now!" Marco yelled.

"What?" I said stunned.

"Out you go, don't come back until you have gotten a good nights sleep." Marco said. "And I mean a good nights sleep not whatever you have been calling a good nights sleep." He gestured at me.  

"I guess I could use a break," I sighed. 

"Ok, do something fun with the kids, we can handle everything else." Marco smiled.

"I don't deserve you as a boss," I said with a laugh. 

"I know, you got lucky." He laughed. I punched his shoulder. Marco was like a brother to me, I loved him and our friendship made work so much better. "Now go," he said with a laugh. "Louisa will kill me if I tell her that you look terrible and I didn't make you leave." Louisa wasn't at the office because she was on maternal leave. Marco was beyond excited, he was elated. 

"Fine, but never say that a woman looks terrible, it's rude." I said and grabbed my things. I walked out of the office and ran to my car. I drove home and burst through the door. It was silent, Dad was out golfing, again, and the kids were at school. I walked to my room and fell on the bed. As soon as I made contact I was out cold, this was the rest I needed.