Hot Water and Dirt

*A/N* Hey y'all, I know I didn't update yesterday, oops. I was at my friends all evening to celebrate me getting into my dream school, and I didn't have time to write. Anyway this is dedicated to @elizapeters2005. Enjoy. 

I scrolled through Mike's Instagram hoping see something interesting. But it was all photos of him on movie sets. All of his social media accounts were just boring pictures. Was this stalking? Probably, but I mean he was a my ex husband so I have a right to do this. 

"Mom you've been on your phone all day," Skye groaned walking in. It was Friday night and Lucas was out with friends so it was just me and Skye. "So?" I asked. 

"So your brain needs a break," Skye said. 

When did I raise a doctor? "Ok Mom," I groaned. Skye rolled her eyes and walked to the kitchen.

"I get you want to be prepared but you're stressing way too much." Skye said. "The more you stress the worse it gets." She said. "Here," Skye gave me a cup of tea. I smiled and took a sip. "Now take a break, why don't we watch a movie." She said.

"Ok," I smiled. 

"Great," Skye smiled back t me. 

"Okay, have you seen Gidget?" I asked grabbing the remote.

"No?" Skye said slowly. "Do I want to?" 

"Oh come on, we will have to watch it then." I had had the movie queued up all summer. 

"Only if you promise no more stalking Dad," Skye said. 

"Okay I promise I won't look at my phone," I said and the movie started. 

~~~

Halfway through the movie I realized that I knew exactly where I needed to go to get my dirt. Lucas had told me about this app you can use to read people's direct messages on Instagram, which Mike had at the time of our marriage. I quickly logged in quietly and crossed my fingers. 

Access granted

Thank goodness, I logged in and began scrolling. Skye hadn't noticed so I was good to go. I scrolled to the bottom and found his oldest messages. They were all the same, boring and useless, except for one. The one was with a woman, a woman who wasn't me. 

*A/N* got no I deal how DMs work so bear with me.

Louisa May

Nice name,  I thought. 

Louisa May: Hey 

Mike:  Hey love

Louisa May: Can I see you tonight? 

Mike: Of course, let me tell Elle that I have a business trip. She won't suspect a thing.

Mike: Cheating on her is easy!

Louisa May: She obviously isn't very bright

Mike: Very true, you are much smarter❤️

Louisa May: Thank you honey, see you layer ❤️

When I finished I felt sick. I wanted to throw up, is this the man I had stupidly married? At least I had some dirt and the proof that he was cheating on me. I took a screenshot quick and turned to look at an angry Skye. 

"Mom!" Skye said. "Do you really need to do that?" She asked. She grabbed the phone and scrolled through the messages. 

"Skye don't!" I said. I watched as Skye's face fell.

"First you break your promise than this!" Skye started. "Why is this family full of liars!" Skye exclaimed and ran out of the house.

"Skye!" I called but she was gone. I had jumped from the frying pan into the fire. 

*A/N* I feel like writing more today so I give you, 

*Skye's POV*

I was worried about Mom, the case had been stressing her out. I was hoping that the baby and the wedding would distract her but she couldn't seem to focus on anything but the case. I was worried about my mother and I was worried about the baby. If Mom didn't get herself under control I was going to talk to Mr. Flynn. I sat staring at the tv trying to focus on something happy. the plot line of Gidget was the same as every other romance but it was still pretty fun. I turned to see how Mom was enjoying it but instead I find her on her phone. My heart dropped to my stomach and I felt my anger rise. This wasn't the first time Mom had broken a promise, and I was getting sick of it. 

"Mom!" I said angrily. I felt like I was going to burst at any moment. "Do you really need to do that?" I asked. I grabbed the phone and scrolled through the messages. With every message I read my anger grew. Dad was a cheater, Mom was a liar, why did I get stuck with the worst family ever?

"Skye don't!" Mom said. 

"First you break your promise than this!" I started. "Why is this family full of liars!" I exclaimed and ran out of the house. I knew I had to go away, I needed to go anywhere but home. 

"Skye!" Mom called. I rolled my eyes and ran. I grabbed my phone and called a girl who had been offering to be my friend. Right now I needed someone who didn't know my family. Before today I might have been worried about this but now I don't care. Something inside of me had changed, changed for the better.