Out of the frying pan and into the fire

*A/N* Hey y'all. Yeah I'm just gonna start the episode. Enjoy,

"Mom where's Skye?" Lucas walked through the front door. I was sitting on the floor, I had been crying. Why was I such a terrible Mom? My family was falling apart and it was all my fault. 

"She left," I said. 

"To where?" Lucas asked. He could tell something was up. 

"I don't know," I said.

"You let Skye leave?" He asked angrily. 

"I didn't let her, she just left." I said. "And," I paused. "She blocked me." I held up my phone. 

"What did you do?" Lucas asked. 

"I promised not to go on my phone for a bit but I did." I started, Lucas stayed quiet, letting me explain. "I was looking at some messages from Mike, about how he was cheating on me." Lucas's face didn't change. "And Skye grabbed the phone and got mad. She yelled at me before running away." I said. 

"So you lied to her again?" Lucas asked. 

"I didn't lie!" I said. 

"Mom," Lucas started sadly. "You don't know how many school events you'e missed. You're always busy so we didn't think it would be right to ask you to come." Lucas said. "Skye has been wanting a mom and dad for years. You're busy and Dad's off somewhere else." 

"But I've tried to be the best I could be," I said halfheartedly. 

"Did you try? You tell yourself that you are doing what's best for us, but you never do what we need. We need parental figures in our lives! We need someone to take the time to come to my games or to come to Skye's decathlon's. I've tried to be the best brother I could be to Skye, I went to her parent interviews and she came to mine." I cut him off.

"You never told me to come." I protested. 

"We did actually, you just keep cutting us off! Do you know how hard it is too look out into the crowd after being name MVP and not seeing  your parents? Do you know what's it's like to go home and know that you're going to be alone?" He spat.

"I do!" I yelled.

"Do you?" He yelled back. "Your mom was gone, you never were going to see her. That's one thing but when your mom is alive and just ignoring you, it hurts so much more! Stop comparing our lives to your life! They are completely different!" He shouted. 

"Lucas," I said softly. Every word he spoke broke my heart. 

"You do nice things for us to make yourself feel better. You do it so you think we feel loved. I would rather be poor and have you than be rich and never see you." He said.

"Lucas," tears began to pour from my eyes.

"I'm going to find Skye," Lucas turned on his heel and fled the house. I bit my lip and began to sob. I had ruined my family. I had ruined everything.

*Lucas's POV* 

I clawed at my jacket as my phone rang vigorously. I was standing at the stop sign far away from the mess that was the house. I yanked it out and quickly answered. 

"Skye?" I said. 

"L-lucas," it sounded like she had been crying. 

"Where are you?" I asked worriedly. My little sister never cried, what is going on?

"I'm at Maddy's, she's going to Harvard too." She explained. 

"Do you want me to come?" I asked nervously. 

"Y-yeah," Skye whimpered. 

"Text me the address," I said. 

"O-ok," she said. 

"Hey Skye," I said, "I love you." 

"I love you too," Skye said before hanging up. The address appeared on my screen. I caught a bus and rode to the house. Skye needed me and after everything our mom has put us thew I'm not going to leave her alone. I am her real family and she is mine.