Me, Myself, and I

*A/N* Hey guys, here is today's update. Thanks to everyone who has ready my story. I've been really busy and my schedule is wonky. I don't really know what this chapter is so I'm sorry that's it weird. Anyway we hit 2k reads! yay! Don't know how that happened. 

I clawed at my phone as it buzzed furiously. "Shut up," I grumbled. I grabbed the phone and answered the call.

"What do you want?" I snapped. 

"Elle?" Noah's voice echoed through the screen. 

"What?" I snapped. My heard was spinning and I was tired. I was not in the mood to talk to him. I wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone. 

"Elle, what's wrong?" Noah asked. 

"Leave me alone," I said. 

"Elle," he said quietly.

"Noah stop, stop calling me before I ruin our relationship just like I did with my kids." I cried. 

"What?" He said. "Elle what happened?" He asked. 

"I'm not talking about it," I said childishly. 

"I'm calling Lee," he said. I mentally kicked myself for letting him think that I need Lee.

"Don't," I said. I didn't want to see anyone. I wanted to stay huddled up in my cave. 

"Elle," Noah said in a threatening voice. 

"Whatever," I hung up. I was acting like a child. A spoiled, immature child. Maybe that's what I am. I had never suffered loss like this before. Is this what Mom felt like in those last days? Ugh, I wish Mom were here! 

My phone buzzed. I looked at the caller id. Lee. Did I want to talk to him? I rolled my eyes and braced for the conversation.

"Elle!" Lee exclaimed as soon as I picked up. 

"What?" I groaned. 

"Elle tell me what happened." Lee said. 

"Ha funny," I said. 

"Elle," Lee said threateningly. 

"Lee," I said warningly. 

"I'm coming over," Lee said. I groaned. This was the last thing I wanted. I had ruined my family, I didn't want to ruin anything else. I just wanted to sit on the floor and sob. 

"Whatever," I said. Once again, I was acting like a child, which seemed to be a theme with me. I hung up the phone and moved back to my original position. Fifteen minutes later there was a knock at the door. I groaned and stood up. I walked over to the door and opened it slowly. 

"Elle," Lee stepped in. 

"Lee," I said annoyed. 

"Come on Elle, we both know this isn't you." He said stating the obvious. 

"Bah," I said. 

"Humbug," he finished laughing. I glared at Lee and he promptly shut up. 

"Lee I'm not in the mood for your jokes," I said angrily. 

"Shelly," he said quietly. "What happened?" He asked. I bit my lip and stared at him. Lee had always been there for me. Should I let him be here for me now? 

"Fine," I plopped down onto the couch. "Where to start?" I asked trying to think of a good place to begin. 

"From the beginning," Lee said. I nodded and began my story. 

*Lucas's POV*

I knocked on the door of a good sized house. This was the house that Skye's directions had taken me to.

"You must be Lucas,"  a girl with chestnut hair opened the door. I stared at her, she didn't seem like someone Skye would hang out with.  The girl, Maddy, seemed to be a borderline bad girl. Not all the way bad but not a good girl either. 

"That's me," I smiled. She stepped out of the way and gestured to the stairs. 

"She's upstairs, she's not doing so great." Maddy said. "She's all upset about the fight. What's up with your family?" She asked. 

"It all started when my Mom met Mr. Flynn," I started. 

"Ok stop right there," she said. I chuckled and Maddy giggled a cute little laugh. Wait did I just say cute? I shook the thought off. 

"Wish me luck," I said as I walked into the room. Skye was laying on the bed. Her eyes appeared to be closed and she seemed far off. 

"Hey," I walked over to her. She didn't move. "Skye," I said. 

"What do you want?" Her voice was angry. 

"Are you ok?" I asked her softly. 

"I'm fine," she shot up. Skye wasn't acting like herself. 

"Skye you are not fine," I said. Skye glared at me.

"I said I was fine! Stop babying me!" She exclaimed. I stared at her in surprise. 

"What do you mean?" I asked. She had called me here. 

"Well," she started. "While I was waiting for you I was thinking about life, as one does." She paused. "And I'm sick of this." She said, 

"What?" I asked. 

"You heard me," she exclaimed. "I'm sick of all this," she gestured around. "I'm sick of being the baby, I'm sick of being 'and Skye'. I'm tired of being me!" She exclaimed. "I want to be like Maddy! Popular and smart!" I stared at my little sister. Had she just said she wanted to change herself? 

"Skye, why didn't you just say so?" I asked hugging her. 

"Because no one listens," she said. My heart broke. 

Is this how Mom feels right now? I asked myself. "Skye," I said. "I'll listen, I promise." I hugged her. 

"Promise?" she asked. 

"Promise," I hugged her back and everything seemed better.