Trial

*A/N* Here this is, I'm not sure what it is but here. I have no idea how trials work so I'm just gonna wing it.  

"Court is in session," the judge said and the trial started. 

It was the usual deal, witnesses talked, then evidence of me being a bad mom was brought forward. Mike went up and answered a question that I couldn't quite hear. Then repeat but with the people on my side. 

"Will Elle Evans come forward?" The judge asked. I took a deep breath and walked to the witness stand. I braced myself for a lot of questions, but instead, the judge asked. "Ms. Evans, why do you think you are best suited for caring for the children?" 

I nodded solemnly and racked my brain for possible answers. My mind was overflowing with reasons. I closed my eyes and tried to regulate my breathing. "Well, your honor, I think I am best suited for caring for the children for many reasons. For starters, I am their mother. I have raised them and provided for them. I have signed them up for school and bought their school supplies. I provided food and nourishment. Your honor, what haven't I done that makes me an unsuitable parent?" I concluded. I looked at the jury to see their reactions to my declaration.

Some were nodding, some were lost in thought, and one, one was glaring at me. I tilted my head and tried to focus on him but to no avail. I sighed and looked at the judge.

"You may sit down Ms. Evans," the judge said. "The jury will now decide the fate of the children." He announced after I sat down. I sighed and filed out of the courtroom with everyone else. 

~~

An hour later the jury had made a decision. We all filed back into the courtroom and resumed. The judge then called the meeting back into session.

"The jury has decided that the children of Mike Meyers and Elle Evans please come forward?" The judge said. Lucas and Skye slunk out of their seats and stood in front of the judge. "Well?" The judge asked Lucas. 

"I chose to stay with my mother," Lucas said. The judge nodded, he then turned to Skye.

"Young miss Evans?" He prompted. 

"I chose to stay with neither." The court erupted into chaos.  

*Skye's POV*  

"I chose to stay with neither," I announced. The courtroom burst into chaos. Mike and Elle were sitting with their mouths hanging open, I couldn't believe those halfwits were the people who brought me into the world. I was disgusted by both of them. Mike had had plenty of one-night stands over in the time I had been staying with him, and Elle is just Elle. I was too disgusted by them to even consider then calling Mom and Dad, they would have to earn that right back. I knew I hadn't given either of them the answer they were hoping for. Both of them wanted me to forgive them but I couldn't, not yet at least. 

"I would like to propose another method," I said. the judge nodded, encouraging me to continue. "I am very angry with both of my parents. I believe that I need some time to cool down. Decisions made when angry often leave the person in a tough spot. I have been accepted into Harvard's special program. I would like to be able to attend that for the two years that will be offered to me. Over the summer break, I would like to go abroad with Harvard's school trips. All I require is that my guardians provide the money I will need and that they will leave me alone for two years. When I return home, I will return to Elle's house and then I shall decide who to live with for the remainder of my minor years." I explained. The judge looked at me solemnly.

"Do the parents agree to this?" He asked Mike and Elle. 

"I do," Mike said, not wanting to seem like the bad guy. 

"As do I," Elle chimed in. The judge nodded. 

"It is sealed, this case is finished." With the strike of a gavel, everything Elle had been worried about was over.