Forgiveness, maybe

*A/N* Hey guys. I am so sorry that I am late! Some things took longer than expected, so again I'm sorry! Anyway here is a chapter 😅

I sat on the floor with my head in my hands. The room was dark, Lee had mysteriously left. I felt angry, sad, and annoyed all at the same time. I was angry at Lee for leaving me, sad that my life had fallen apart, and annoyed that this was all my fault. 

"Stupid world," I whispered and threw a pillow at the tv. It bounced off the tv and fell to the floor. The tv rocked and I jumped up, worried that it was going to fall. 

I set the tv back in its place and flopped back down onto the couch. My stomach rumbled and I pulled myself up. I had to eat something, even if it was just for the baby, who, frankly, I had forgotten about. 

I quickly made myself some soup and sat down at the counter. I looked at the couch and the mess I had been wallowing in. 

There were blankets thrown carelessly across the floor. The couch cushions were no longer on the couch. The room looked a mess. I went to start cleaning up but there was a knock at the door. 

"Hello?" I said when I opened the door. I was blinded by the bright sun. I blinked twice and slowly my vision returned. 

"Elle?" The figure said. "What happened?" A voice that sounded like Mike's said. I stared at the man and almost gagged. It was Mike! 

"Come on in," I said. I moved out of the way and Mike walked in. 

"Where are the kids?" He asked. I smiled nervously. 

"They are-" the front door slammed open cutting me off mid-sentence. 

"Oh hey kiddos," Mike turned to the door. Lee, Lucas, and an angry-looking Skye stood in the doorway. I noticed Mike slip his phone out. 

"Hi Mom," Lucas said and hugged me quickly. Skye glared at us. 

"Hi honey," I smiled, hoping that she would forgive me. 

Skye narrowed her eyes, she looked at her dad and a mischievous glint came to her eyes. She nodded and she turned back to me. "I hate you!" She exclaimed. "And you!" She turned to Lee. "Why did you bring me back! Look at this mess, why do you think I ran away in the first place!" She exclaimed. "I hate all of you!" Skye ran upstairs and slammed her bedroom door. 

I groaned and fell to the floor. "What did I do?" I moaned. I looked at Lee sadly. 

He shook his head, "Nothing," he said. "She's just acting up for attention." Lee reasoned. I bit my lip and tried to let Lee's words sink in.

She's just acting up for attention, She's just acting up for attention. I told myself. I repeated the phrase to myself, totally unaware of everything going on around me. 

Mike chuckled, "That should be enough." Mike said. His voice broke me out of my thoughts. "Well Elle, I have enough evidence to have you lose custody of the kids." He smirked evilly. He turned to leave but stopped on the doorstep. "You can thank Skye for her." He slammed the door leaving us in complete silence.