Family Brunch

*Author's note* Dedicated to @KRusso15 for commenting. I just realized that Lee has barely been in my story, oops. So here is a chapter where he actually makes an appearance. Enjoy

"So Skye, how is school going?" Lee asked Skye. We were at our favorite restaurant for our weekly brunch. 

"Amazing, thank you for asking Mr. Flynn. I love my teachers and the uniform hasn't given me to much trouble for me. Not like Mom," Skye smiled. The kids had settled into the new school very well. I hadn't gotten too many calls to the principal's office. 

"That's good, Grayson wants to transfer there next year." Lee replied. Skye and Lee got along well, it was good to see. Lucas was sitting on his phone totally zoned out, not good to see.

 "So Racheal, how is work going?" I turned to Racheal.

"Wonderful but I'm excited to go on maternity leave though," Racheal ran her hand over her swollen belly. She looked tired but excited, their little surprise was on the way. 

"I'm sure you are," I nodded. "I can't imagine how you are doing this, I had enough trouble when I was younger." 

"Yes it's tough but Lee and Grayson are so excited that it's worth it." She smiled.

"You guys are the perfect couple," I smiled.

"Aw thank you," Racheal beamed. 

"Hey Mom, my friend just showed up. Can I got meet up him?" Lucas bent over to me.

"Sure, run along." I rolled my eyes and watched Lucas sprint away. 

"I think I get why Skye is your favorite," Racheal said as she watched Lucas run off.

"Yup," I laughed. "I hope his friend can give him a ride home." I leaned back in my chair. 

"You wouldn't!" Racheal gasped. 

"Oh I would." Racheal and I started laughing. 

"Here is your meal," the waiter said. He looked at where Lucas was sitting and looked back at me. 

"Just set it down, someone will eat it." I smiled and the waiter nodded. We dug into our food and the table was silent. 

"Pass Lucas's meal down here," Grayson said. 

"Thanks," Skye said as she grabbed the plate. The kids promptly split the plate, which honestly I'm not sure what it was. 

"Why are you staring at us? We are hungry." Grayson looked up from the plate. 

"We weren't staring," Lee laughed.

"Yeah you were," Skye said without looking up from her meal. "We could see you." 

Me and Lee shared a look, these kids were crazy. 

"I'm back," Lucas walked over and sat down. "Wait where's my food?" He looked at everyone else's plates.

"In our stomachs," Grayson said with a laugh. 

"You ate my meal!" Lucas exclaimed.

"Yup," Skye replied and Grayson started laughing. I stifled a laugh. 

"Not funny," Lucas began to pout like a child which only made his predicament all the funnier. We all laughed even louder and the waiter had to ask us to quiet down.