Planning for the Future

*A/N* Hey y'all! I just want to say that we hit 1k reads! I didn't think we'd hit it this fast so I don't have any ideas on how to celebrate. So instead I guess an extra long chapter and a new cover will be all I have to offer. (I'm thinking of these ideas on the spot, I'm sorry that they're terrible.) And I also just found out that this story hit #1 in the BethReekles section so yay! This chapter is dedicated to everyone who reads it. Anyway, I've been talking to much, enjoy...

"Mom!" Skye yelled as she ran into the room. It was Monday and I had just gotten back from work. "I got in! I got in!" She exclaimed gleefully.

"Into what?" I asked. 

"Harvard's special course!" She exclaimed. "Harvard is letting fifteen high school students come and spend some time learning from the professors. I applied over Christmas break and I got in!" She exclaimed. 

"Who told you about it?" I asked. Skye hadn't told me anything about this. 

"Mr. Flynn, he also helped me apply." She said happily. By Mr. Flynn I'm guessing she meant Noah, Skye still didn't want to call Noah Noah so it's always a guessing game when she says Mr. Flynn.

"Well if Noah thinks it's okay I guess you can go." I reasoned. 

"Yes!" Skye exclaimed. 

"How long is it?" I asked. 

"Two years, then they are going to get some new students." Skye sighed. 

"When does it start?" I asked. 

"September 1st," she said. "They provide lodging in the dorms, food and transportation while on campus." Skye smiled. 

"Well I guess," I paused. "How much is it?" I asked. 

"Thirty-thousand per year, and then you have to pay for everything else" she said. As the sentence left her mouth Skye's face fell. The realization of how much it was had finally settled in.

"Wow," I said softly. Thirty-thousand, that was pretty high. Was this worth it? 

"It's totally ok if it's too expensive," Skye sighed. 

"No no no, you can go." I smiled. Skye never asked for much so doing something she wanted was the least I could do. "Just no leaving until the wedding." I said. A massive smile covered Skye's face and she hugged me. 

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" She exclaimed. Skye ran out of the room and yelled the news to Lucas. I laughed, I had never seen anyone that excited for school. 

"Mom!" Lucas sprinted into the room a few minutes later. "I got in! I got in!" he exclaimed. 

"Don't tell me you also applied to Harvard," I groaned. 

"What? No, the LA Rams are offering a summer camp for football players around here. I, of course, got in. Nolan got in too," Lucas said. I nodded, the future was coming in quick. "It will be a good way for college teams to find me and of course, recruit." Lucas said with a laugh, he had become full of himself. 

"That's awesome Lucas," I said. 

"So can I tell them yes?" He asked. 

"Of course," I nodded. Lucas's face lit up and he ran out of the room. I laughed and tried to do some work.

"Elle!" I heard Noah call.

"What? Did you get in to something too?" I walked to the living room.

"What? No," he said startled. "Wait the kids got in?" He asked excitedly.

"We did!" Lucas and Skye exclaimed at the same time. 

"That's awesome guys!" Noah exclaimed. "Congrats," he smiled. The kids were glowing. 

"I gotta start packing!" Skye exclaimed. She sprinted upstairs and Lucas ran out back.

"I gotta practice!" He shouted. Noah laughed.

"They're hyper," he said. 

"Yup," I groaned. "I haven't had a moment to myself since I got home." Noah chuckled.

"I have something I want to show you," he said. 

"What did you do?" I asked as I followed him outside. 

"Nothing much," he laughed. He opened the car door and I got in. We drove to a house complex silently. "I may have been out house hunting when I found this beauty," Noah said as we pulled into the driveway of a house. From what I saw, the house appeared to be brand new. The house was white with black trimmings, the new modern farmhouse look. It had lots of windows and appeared to be two stories. 

"You didn't," I said. I turned to Noah who was out of the car and unlocking the front door. "I guess he did," I laughed. "I didn't know you were moving," I said as I walked up next to him. 

"I think we both are," he tossed me a set of keys. I laughed and walked into the house. The house was massive, twice as big as the house I was in now. "I thought it would be a good fit for our growing family." Noah smiled. 

"And yet you bought it without me." I said in my most disapproving voice. Did I like the house? No, I loved it. It was all I ever wanted but I had wanted to help pick the house out. 

"I wanted it to be a surprise?" Noah said questioning himself. 

"Well it's good I love it," I laughed and I kissed his cheek. "Now I want to explore." I said happily. We began to walk around the house. As much as I didn't want things to change, the future looked bright.