# "援助" ⤷ mona

❝ i suppose i should thank you ❞

 selected route ; 援助 (assistance)

. selected route ; 援助 (assistance)

mona megistus . astral reflection

. scenario - in which mona finds herself in a bit of trouble and you come to the rescue

. music - star : loona (stan loona)

tw. mentions of starvation

.

SOMEHOW, MONA FOUND herself in the middle of the dirt streets outside of Mondtstadt. She was broke, tired, and starving. She pawned off even her beloved hat to get enough to live another day- but that was two days ago. The astrologist was too prideful to ask Katheryne or the Knights for help. She even turned down Barbara's kind offer to help out because the girl relied on her wits alone (she meant her ego-).

And that's how you found her.

As a senior adventurer in the Guild, you often served as a mentor towards those who were just starting out. Occasionally, you would accompany Bennett or Fischl on their eccentric trips out in Mondtstadt. Needless to say, you served as a guardian to all who needed help in Mondstadt. After finishing one of your expeditions, you were on the way back to the City of Freedom when you noticed a unmoving body in the middle of the road.

Panic filled you when you sprinted over to check for a pulse and thankfully, you were able to sense a faint but present pulse. You flipped her over, slightly shocked to see who it was before chuckling. You removed your backpack and scrambled through your gear before grabbing the water flask and helping poor Mona to drink the water.

"Mona? You good?" You asked, examining her carefully. Dirt and debris covered her face, she looked like she haven't eaten in days.

A fit of coughs escaped her lips before her soft teal eyes fluttered open. Her flush lashes battered a few times as she blinked, trying to adjust her eyes to the bright sunlight. By the time she realized that you were cradling her in your arms, a very notable red flush decorated her pale cheeks. "E-eh?! (y/n)?!" She tried to wiggle out of your arms in a frantic lunacy but you worriedly held her tightly to your body. "Hey, hey! Don't move around too much! You're still very lightheaded- don't worry, I'll make sure you're safe."

"S-safe?! N-nonsense! I-I need no assistance!" She tried to pry away from you but it was futile, her natural body strength had dwindled in those hours she laid still in starvation. You sighed, drawing her close in a bridal style hold before hauling her into the walls of Mondtstadt after slinging your backpack on.

Katheryne was pleasantly surprised to see you hauling in a very red Mona but said nothing as you greeted her with a wide smile. After trekking to your apartment and pushing past the unlocked doors with ease, you helped her onto your bed. The apartment was spacious with a bedroom, bathroom, and kitchen area. There was a lack of decor but it felt homey enough.

Mona turned to face you, blushing heavily due to your actions. "W-why did you help me...?" She stuttered, her eyes trailed to the floor, feeling too flustered to make eye contact with you.

"Hm? You needed help so I helped," you smiled, turning to her. "Why don't you stay here for a bit?"

Heat flushed her already reddened cheeks. "Y-you know I don't like being helped!" You laughed, nodding before hanging your backpack onto the wall rack. "But I was worried about you."

Mona pouted at your words, grumbling something angrily under her breath before you approached her.

"Hm? Did you say something?" You glanced at her, examining her soft features. Her eyes refused to meet yours. Childishly, she kept looking away. "Mona?"

In a exasperated scowl, her fingers dug into her thighs in frustration. "By the stars- do I have to repeat myself?!"

You flashed her a crooked grin, tilting your head in confusion. "Eh? Did you say something?"

"I-I said 'I suppose I should thank you'! S-So... Thank you, I guess..." Her bottom lip formed a pout as she tried to hide her blush by looking down. Your hand gently lifted her chin, revealing her adorably flushed cheeks and bewildered expression to you. "It's no problem. Next time, if you need a place to stay, my place is always open to you, okay?"

"E-eh?! B-but that's too much! You... Don't need to do that," she mumbled quietly. A laughter escaped your lips before you placed a hand atop her head which caused her teal eyes to flicker up, meeting yours. "It's fine. Katheryne already told me about it; you need a place to stay, right? In that case, why don't you stay here and take care of this place? I'll be out adventuring anyway."

A soft smile laced her lips as she looked down on the ground and nodded. "A-alright... I shall take you up on that offer!" You laughed, smiling back at her.

"I'm counting on you."

GOOD ENDING.

° NEXT UP

° NEXT UP . DILUC RAGNVINDR