# "あなたと" ⤷ kazuha

❝ happiness comes when im with you ❞

. selected route ; あなたと(with you)

kaedehara kazuha . scarlet leaves pursue
wild waves

. scenario - in which kazuha spends his free time with the person he treasures most

. music - hikarunara : goosehouse

tw. none

.

AUTUMNAL ZEPHYRS BLEW past your figure as you sat atop the highest peaks of Guyun Stone Forest. Sapphire pools surrounded the island, breaking way for the white sandy beaches of each unique cluster isle. It was the season of storms just before the comings of autumn, the triumphant finale of summertime. Monsoon winds were drifting towards the south, bringing tempests and rain with it.

You hummed quietly, enjoying the view of the melting horizon dipping behind the blue ocean. The wind smelled like earthy sea salt; a result of the aftermath of a devastating storm that swept through the archipelagos hours ago. Now, the sun smiled upon the earth, illuminating the world once again in the radiance of Celestia.

"Ah, there you are... I've been looking for you."

You turned to see Kazuha smiling at you with a predisposed notion. You immediately returned his warm smile, laughing quietly. "Were you? I apologize for not telling you that I was here."

Kazuha joined you, taking a seat on the rocks. His calloused fingers brushed over your knuckles, laying his hand overtop your hand in a gentle manner. Your smile grew larger with every passing second, feeling Kazuha attempt to interlace his fingers with your own.

"No treasure hunting for you today?" You hummed quietly.

"No," his laughter was as gentle as the familiar winds of autumn. "If we were to head south, we'd be chasing the tempest. Beidou wanted to wait for the aftermath."

"Heh, sounds just like her." You laughed in response.

You and Kazuha had been friends for a number of years. You trained alongside him in the art of the blade, rivaling him in swordsmanship. Though, after the decree, you chose to fight back against Raiden's orders. Having been exiled from Inazuma, you eventually found refuge in Liyue but Kazuha chose to follow Beidou who had saved the lives of the two of you. Regardless of the varying choices to live differing lives, you and Kazuha remained close.

Kazuha scooted closer to you, laying his head upon your shoulder. "Do you miss Inazuma?"

Your free hand drifted to his fluffy ivory hair, gently brushing through his locks. "I do... I miss our training sessions."

"You would always beat me." Kazuha smiled fondly, recalling the memories of how you singlehandedly kicked his ass every single time.

"That's because you never took me seriously." You huffed quietly, shaking your head at him. It was partly true, though, you were exceptionally skilled with the blade.

"I could never raise my sword with the intent of harm against you..." Kazuha whispered, closing his ruby eyes.

"And that's why I always bested you in our duels." You chuckled softly, leaning into him.

Sunlight skidded across the dancing waves, creating the illusion of a glittering sea. The sound of whistling breezes, squawking seagulls and crashing waves resonated through the air. Time ceased to exist for just a moment; the passing silence filled the gap. It was the most picturesque scene; the way the sun beamed down upon the two of you, the way he nuzzled into the crook of your neck, the way the world seemingly revolved around the two of you— without a care in the world.

Kazuha adored you for gifting him the sense of peace and tranquillity whenever he was by your side. He adored you for being strong, powerful. He adored you for the way his heart raced and thrummed in his chest whenever you laughed. He adored you— through and through. You adored him just the same.

"Kazuha...?"

"Hmm?" He hummed in response, eyes remained closed.

"Could I braid your hair?"

The ivory-haired swordsman laughed at your response, lifting his head up from your shoulder. "Of course you can."

Excitement sparkled in your eyes as he shifted his back to you. He smiled gleefully, feeling your fingers weave through the locks of his soft, fluffy hair. It was a childish request on your behalf but he couldn't say 'no' to you— the way your eyes lit up made his world seem a bit brighter.

Interlocking the lengths of his hair, you managed a simple braid that reached Kazuha's shoulder. You tied it off with a hairband, reeling backwards to admire your handiwork. You grinned, pleased to see it. "All done!"

Kazuha brought the braid forward, examining your work with a smile. "Thank you, (y/n)."

You beamed happily. "No problem! Now, care to entertain me with another one of your fascinating tales with Beidou and the Crux?"

Kazuha smiled, laughing quietly. You were always eager to hear his stories with Beidou since your mundane life back at Liyue bored you to death. These fleeting meetings between the two of you are precious and treasured— who knows when you'll be able to see him again after this.

Tales of mystifying adventures were shared and echoed through the air; the action, thrill, and adventure of it all made you reminiscent the past of your youth with the ivory-haired swordsman. Amidst your daydreaming, you fell under the trance of his mellifluous voice and lulled to sleep, bobbing forwards as sleep consumed you.

"And then Beidou came— (y/n)?" Kazuha paused, noting your eyes were now shut. He chuckled softly, bring you towards him and shifted your body around so that your head rested on his thighs. He leaned over, pressing a gentle kiss upon your forehead and brushed the stray hairs from your face.

"Sweet dreams, my dear (y/n)." Kazuha whispered, holding you close as the winds swept your dreams into a quiet gale.

GOOD ENDING

° NEXT UP, CHONGYUN

° NEXT UP, CHONGYUN