# "花の死" ⤷ albedo

❝ your lifespan cut short due to one-sided love ❞

. selected route ; 花の死 (flowery death)

albedo . kreideprinz

. scenario - (hanahaki au) in which you face the reality of a flowery death from loving albedo too much

. music - coughing up flowers : trinity rose

tw. ambiguous death

.

Firewood crackled and sizzled as brumal winds whisked by. You continuously fed the fire, eyes fixed upon the flickering flames.

The campgrounds of which you and Albedo resided was cold and desolate; the two of you were alone up in Dragonspine so that he could conduct some last minute experiments. You came in Sucrose's stead as she had developed a fever recently and unable to accompany Albedo though you had no quarrels against it. Instead, you were rather delighted to join him as the two of you would be alone thus you would be able to bond with the aloof alchemist.

But you quickly came to understand that your intentions would never come to fruition.

"Albedo, do you need help...?" You asked in earnest, wanting to help him with anything you could yet he merely shook his head.

His talent alone surpassed you and Sucroses's. It was infuriating at first but you've grown to appreciate his methodology and him as a person. Albedo is straightforward, honest, and ambitious. He strived to learn everything this is to know in the world and even beyond the scope of Teyvat.

Your relationship with Albedo is complicated. For a long time, prior to his entry into your life, you served as Alice's alchemical assistant to which she introduced you to him. At first, you were rather bothered by his aloofness and talent but quickly overlooked it as the two of you shared the love of alchemy. Yet he never seemed to express the same level of excitement of being with him as you demonstrated countless times.

You attempted to get closer to him, even going so far as to join the Knights. You took him beyond the borders of Mondstadt, taking him to Dragonspine and even Musk Reef. However, he never opened up to you the same way you did. His interest was solely on alchemy. He deemed nothing else of intrigue. Thus he sworn off relationships that would meddle with his work.

Albedo's dedicated; very, very dedicated to his work. He took pride in it. Everything he did provided him truth— from chalk, comes life and after life, death. It is inevitable. Perhaps it was this diligence and commitment that drew you to him?

His smile, his eyes, everything about him made your world seem just a bit brighter than the stars casted throughout the night sky. His voice made you flutter. Being around him made your heart skip a beat. Yet those sentiments were never returned.