# "尋問" ⤷ yelan

❝ you think this hurts? ❞

 selected route ; 尋問 (interrogation)

. selected route ; 尋問 (interrogation)

yelan . orchid valley

. scenario - in which yelan interrogates you for information (fatui! reader insert)

. music - arsonist's lullaby : hozier

cw. depictions of violence and torture

.

HAD YOU LISTENED to your informant and heeded their warning about a certain agent, you probably wouldn't be in this situation at the moment. Tied up against a chair, you were entirely helpless. The more you struggled, the tighter the ropes tugged, digging red burns into your skin. There was a dull pain aching in your body but it was manageable; what wasn't manageable was whatever would come after this inevitable interrogation session.

"Ah, you're awake. Good. That will make things a lot simpler." And speak of the devil, she arrives on cue.

Snapping her fingers, the lights present in the room brighten instantaneously - blinding your just briefly. In the split second of vulnerability, she closed the space between the two of you - her gloved fingers harshly lifting your chin to meet her cruel gaze.

"Hm? Still not fully awake yet?" She mused, humming as your eyes readjusted to the sudden light in the room. You felt her fingers dig into your jaw, tightly wrapping your throat as her hand slid downwards. "Speak."

"Fuck you." You spat venomously, glaring daggers at her before she tightened her grip against your windpipe; causing you to gasp sharply.

"Answer my question with honesty, and I may consider letting you go without further interrogation. What did you negotiate with the Abyss Order?"

Yelan is terribly dangerous, everyone had warned you before you took on this particular job. You've had a few run-ins with her but until now, you had never been caught by her to suffer her methods of torture. It seemed that fate was not so kind to you this time around.

"Hah...! As if I would give that information away... It's worth protecting it with my life." You watched as the neutral gaze in her eyes turn dark, something more sadistic hidden behind sapphire hues.

"Oh? Is that so?" She pulled away from your throat, causing you to gasp sharply for breathe. "Then I suppose I will have to use a different method to extract the information."

A terrible agonizing pain stabbed you the moment you collided with the floor. The sudden contact knocked the air out of your lungs, a scream ripped from your throat when Yelan kicked you harshly in the stomach.

"Gonna speak up now?" A hand pulled at your hair, your scalp burning as she tugged harshly.

You mustered a small smile at her words. "Like hell... You think this hurts?"

Yelan smirked, kneeling down to your level to whisper something in your ears.

"If you don't start talking, the safety of your family will be compromised."

Your eyes widened at her words, prompting her cruel smirk to grow wider at your reaction. It was the second time you fell to vulnerability.

"You... have some audacity." You snapped at her, glaring daggers. Yelan tightened her grip, causing you to gasp harshly when you felt her free hand collide with you stomach, knocking the air out of you.

"I do." She remarked, smiling as she pulled at your hair. "Start talking or else I'll make good on my promise."

You had no other choice; either you died by her hands or you died a dishonorable death and be shunned by your family forever. Though, it seemed like it didn't matter in the end - your family was bound to find out about your affiliations with the Fatui, and even though all you had done was for their sake, you knew the consequences.

So, you chose to live in shame and told her what it was the Abyss had planned. A mass-scale attack on Qingce Village that would incite panic and discourse in Liyue, leading to further chaos all across the nation. The endgame of such a plan eluded you but it was enough information. At least, enough information to spare you life from a cruel fate by Yelan's hands.

"You Fatui know no boundaries for the safety of others... Going as far as to communicate with the Abyss. The bitter frost of Snezhnaya will not leave its mark here, I assure you of that." Yelan released you, kicking your chair over so that you landed harshly on your side. She turned to leave, but not before leaving you with one final message.

"I'll be sure to tell your master that I have something of hers that she may want back."

With that, she slammed the door of the interrogation room, leaving you completely at the mercy of the shadows.

BAD ENDING

author's note

author's note.

i actually just pulled yelan so i guess this one shot worked as a mini catalyst for me HAHAHA

that last line is actually up to you to determine; whether yelan's talking about you or the coat she stole

ive been going through a bit of a fatui brainrot as of late so you might be getting more fatui content ( ie. a special event dedicated to the fatui harbingers )

in any case, thank you for reading as always ! take care of yourself, friends and please stay safe out there <3 until next time!

° NEXT UP, SPECIAL EVENT