# "この話の教訓" ⤷ diluc (1)

❝ young people fall in love with the wrong people sometimes ❞

. selected route ; この話の教訓 (moral of the story)

diluc ragnvindr . the darknight hero

. scenario - in which you're betrothed to diluc but it's not as picturesque as you had hoped

. music - moral of the story : ashe

tw. hints of possible cheating

.

PERHAPS IT WASN'T meant to work out, even if you tried to make it work. Diluc Ragnvindr was a man of little words who had eyes set on unprecedented goals and intentions that you couldn't begin to fathom. Even as his fiancé, you knew little of what he was truly thinking about and he didn't bother sharing the details. It didn't bother you all that much; it was an arranged marriage between the house of Ragnvindr and the house of Gunnhildr. You were to wed Diluc and joined the two houses together, that was your duty.

Marriage didn't have to be as idyllic or as magical as you perceived it to be but the romantic heart in you couldn't help but feel obligated in mending the gap between you and your future husband. Compared to him, you're the optimist. You always tried your best in making things better.

It had been arranged since the two of you were five. But much as changed since then, Diluc had experienced death in his own arms at the age of eighteen and left for four years to 'seek the truth behind his father's death'. You waited, all that time and upon his arrival home, you were overjoyed. He's changed but it didn't bother you, he's your fiancé and that's what mattered. Diluc had matured significantly and even took over as the head of the house; taking on a more prominent role in comparison to years before. Still, he hasn't really made an effort in closing the gap. Maybe it was all for naught at the very end.

The bed felt cold. His side was empty most of the time and very scarcely do you see your fiancé in bed with you. He returned during the wee hours of the night and rose before dawn. You very rarely saw him. Diluc was a busy man, you understood and accept that as fact. It never really crossed your mind of what he did in his spare time. Honestly, each time the two of you did cross paths, he was apathetic towards you, treating you almost like a stranger.

Even as the heir of the Gunnhildr house, you were never the star but rather, your sister was. Jean Gunnhildr is beautiful, sophisticated, and elegant. She was strong and renowned as a knight. She was showered with praise and recognition. She was the epitome of what you were supposed to be. You were indifferent towards this but a tinge of jealousy sparked in your heart whenever you saw your fiancé interact with your sister. The greens of envy washed over your eyes as you watched them speak.