# "惚れた病に薬なし" ⤷ childe

❝ is this a curse from the gods? ❞

 selected route ; 惚れた病に薬なし (no medicine for falling in love)

. selected route ; 惚れた病に薬なし (no medicine for falling in love)

childe / tartaglia . the young lord

. scenario - in which you and childe were once fated to be together, until a certain incident (soulmate au, slight canon divergence)

. music - a soulmate who wasn't meant to be : jess benko

( happy 100th post ! )

.

SINCE THE AGE of seven, you found yourself in possession of a strange ability. Though of what was considered natural in this world, you did not believe it to be ordinary. The gods did not grant you omniscient powers by giving you a Vision, nor was it something so divine that you can call intervention.

No, reality was far crueler than that.

Crimson threads that tethered humans to one another. These invisible strings - whether near or far, it connected to another person's body. Tied around the pinky in a dainty bow, the string was unseen by all... except for you.

Strung together like some sort of marionette, you watched as soulmates walk past one another without realization; watched as unfated lovers fall in love with another; watched as the strings... lead to nowhere. It was then at age seven when you learned of the predestined love one is bound to, though through the course of one's life - you're never guaranteed to meet this person.

For you, it was also at the age of seven when you met your soulmate.

Morespesok is a quiet fishing village. Far from the Capital where the Tsaritsa resided, the small village of only a few hundred residents was small but lively. There was familiarity in the eyes of the villagers, greeting one another like family. Naturally, this meant that when there was a new family in town; the entire village celebrated like it was a festival.

Your family moved from the frozen Capital of Snezhnaya to Morespesok that smelled of the sea when you were just four. Supposedly, you grandparents hailed from the seaside village but you never bothered with family affairs enough to care for the history. All that mattered to you was the present.

The small fishing village celebrated with song and bread; music playing throughout the day as strangers greeted you and your parents, bringing along gifts and toys as a means to welcome you. There was kindness in their actions, something you hadn't seen in the Capital.

"Oh! Is this your child?" One of the ladies asked, smiling at you as she held out a gift - a toy.

"Yes, though I'm afraid she is a bit shy... (y/n), Come say 'hello.'" Your parents nudged you forward, prompting a stuttering greeting from your lips before you hid behind your mother's legs, peeking past to meet their strange faces.