# "異体同心" ⤷ diluc

❝ perfect for one another ❞

 selected route ; 異体同心 (two bodies, one heart / soulmates)

. selected route ; 異体同心 (two bodies, one heart / soulmates)

diluc ragnvindr . the darknight hero

. scenario - in which you and diluc are rivals, both possessing claims to the next crowned heir of the kingdom of mondstadt (royalty au)

. music - je te laisserai des mots : patrick watson

.

THE KINGDOM OF Mondstadt is an ancient one from the era of the gods when divinity still walked the earth with the mortals. However, with the aging of the current king; a heir must be selected from the many noble houses (as the current king never married, dedicating his life to his duty as the monarch).

Of all the noble houses, four were the most prominent; the Gunnhildr, the Lawrence, the Ragnvindr, and the (l/n) family.

The Gunnhildr and Lawrence children however, are devoutly serving their kingdom in a different manner, as members of the church or as noble knights.

The sole heirs of Ragnvindr and (l/n) however, their ancestors have once served as ministers, advisors, and even monarchs in Mondstadt's past. Their chances of becoming a monarch are higher than the rest; but of course, it's not a simple choice to choose between the two.

Diluc Ragnvindr, the only legal heir of the Ragnvindr family, is courageous, dependable, mature, and loyal. However, he lacks conviction.

(y/n) (l/n), the sole heir of the (l/n) family, is intelligent, ambitious, benevolent, and strong-willed however, lacks leadership skills.

The choice was difficult for the aging king thus in the meanwhile of this difficult decision-making, an annual celebration ball was held to bring together the youths of the kingdom in order to celebrate the anniversary of the founding of Mondstadt.

And it's only natural for all eligible heirs to be present, even ones from lesser families. Perhaps at the ball, they would be able to make a memorable debut; given influence through their interactions and performance. It is the most ideal event of the year for any aspiring individual. Who knows, perhaps they will find themselves to be in a far better social position by the end of the night.

When the night came, the city lit up with golden light to rival the night sky of silvery stars. The plaza just before the church was full of stalls and games, entirely bustling with activity, laughter, and whispers of excitement as the invited guests of the ball began arriving. Causal civilians watched in awe as the distinguished noble and lesser heirs came striding towards the cathedral (where the ball was being held) with their lavish gowns and tailored suits.

The crowd however, grew silent when a certain duo made their long-awaited appearance— the heirs of the Ragnvindr and (l/n) family.

Lavished in the latest fashion trends, both looked exalted in their white-gold regalia adorned with embellishments of navy aiguillettes and house crest stamped cufflinks. Their presence commanded silence as the heirs linked arms as a customary gesture for the two selected. Onlookers would comment on how perfect they suited one another, admiring how they complimented. Little did they know, the two of you were glaring daggers and spitting poison at one another.

"You're holding onto me too tightly." You complained under your breath, just barely loud enough for Diluc to hear you. He purposely brought your arm closer to his side, he was toying with you.

"Does that bother you, (y/n)?" He questioned, his tone carried a teasing lilt. You wondered if he picked it up from his adoptive brother perhaps.

You glared at him, eyebrows furrowing into a tight knit. "Quite so. If it wasn't for this ridiculous farce, I wouldn't be caught dead holding you like this."

"I assure you, your disdain for me is well noted." Diluc commented as he guided you up the staircase to the grand cathedral wherein guests were lined in awe to stare at the two of you.

"Don't you think they look perfect? I'm so jealous...!"

"Imagine the two of them ruling together...!"

You made a face of disgust at the whispers surrounding the two of you. "Do you hear this ridiculousness? What do they possibly see?"

"Let us not think of that outcome." Diluc replied simply, though— you noticed how his expression had turned sour. Whether it was a result of your words or of the watching audience, you weren't sure.

Inside the grand cathedral, a space was cleared and of course, all eyes were on the two of you. Their scrutinizing, empty stares made you tense, Diluc took notice of your sudden switch in demeanor.

"Is there something wrong?" He noticed the discomfort etched onto your face, he pulled you ever closer. "(y/n)?"

You snapped out of your trance, shaking your head at him. "I'm fine... Large crowds simply... isn't my forte."

He nodded, "then keep your eyes on me. It'll take your mind off of them, I'm sure."

You stared at him, wide-eyed at his words. Had he meant that as a way to keep your mind off of them or for you to direct your nervousness into anger by looking at him?

"Is that a jest, Diluc?" You questioned, doubtful of his intentions.

He merely chuckled at your words, smiling ever so slightly. "Perhaps."

You couldn't tell if he meant that with honesty and concern or if he was simply messing with you. Nevertheless, the effect was all the same— the odd warming of your cheek like the warmth of the sun's glow upon your face.

You turned away, coughing into your fist to hide the subtle flush of your face. "I must admit, there are times when I cannot read you. Do you mean to make a fool out of me?"

"Not at all. I merely meant it as a suggestion." You wondered if he was telling the truth, but in note of his character— you assumed he was indeed looking out for you.

And you hated how that thought made your chest grow tight with an unfamiliar sensation.

"You're really getting on my nerves." You grumbled under your breath, shaking your head at him whilst looking away. You couldn't face him yet, not until the blush on your face calmed down.

Oh, if only you realized how evidently the two of you were in love with one another; though of course, pride does get in the way of things. Only onlookers can see how compatible the two of you were for one another and by the end of the ball, the entirety of Mondstadt was silently cheering for one of you to confess to the other.

GOOD ENDING

° NEXT UP, YAE MIKO

° NEXT UP, YAE MIKO