# "私と一緒にいて" ⤷ xiao (2)

❝ are you hurt? ❞

 selected route ; 私と一緒にいて (stay with me)

. selected route ; 私と一緒にいて (stay with me)

xiao . conqueror of demons

. scenario - (royalty au) in which you attempt to escape from the kingdom you have been pawned off to but it goes horribly wrong (requested! part two)

. music - stay with me : miki matsubara

.

FOUR WEEKS SINCE you arrived in the Kingdom of Liyue; you've grown somewhat accustomed to your new life at the palace and your fiancé's hesitation. Whether it be his own disinterest in you or inexperience, you couldn't help but feel awfully dreadful and terribly homesick. Though you were adored as much as your older siblings were, you still love your old life. A place to call home, of which this place is not.

For the past four weeks, you've found yourself drafting up a plan of escape to return home— with the excuse of life being unsuitable for you and your own fiancé's lack of interest to propose once you have returned home. Thus the marriage would be canceled and neither parties are at fault for a collapsed marriage. It was clear to you that your fiancé is a busy man with too much on his own plate whilst you possessed a deep disdain for him as you two are meant to wed (although it is not Xiao's fault by any means).

Although crude, you knew escaping from this place was possible. Having examined and observed the routes of the patrolling officers for the last four weeks— you noticed a pattern and confirmed it upon finding the maps of patrol. There is a momentary gap in the soldiers' designated routes that left the southernmost gate unguarded for only thirty seconds. You could easily sneak down during the late hours, hide behind any sort of nearby furnishing there and escape.

The only flaw to the plan was that the route returning home would be difficult as it's known to house several groups of bandits. You could only pray for a swift escape from the bandits as you possessed no fighting prowess yourself. A dangerous plan— though worth it all when your life has been stripped of everything it's worth.

Tonight, you intended to escape.

"Your Highness...! Your Highness!" You snapped out of your dazed thoughts, turning your gaze past your shoulders to meet your two maids' perplexed expression.

"Is... everything alright, Your Highness...?" One of your maids asks, her tone softening as you push yourself from your desk and stand. An worried expression was etched onto her face as she came to your side,

"I'm..." Your hand wandered the surface of the wooden desk, fingers brushing over the glaze of the wood. "I'm fine. Just... in thought, that's all."

"May I be so bold to inquire as to what Your Highness was thinking about...?" Your other maid asked, joining your side. "If there's anything we can do, we'll provide it for you."