# "愛してます" ⤷ raiden shogun

❝ in the end, what was it all for? ❞

 selected route : 愛してます (it's you that i love)

. selected route : 愛してます (it's you that i love)

raiden shogun / ei . plane of euthymia

. scenario - in which mortality takes you from ei's perfect version of eternity.

. music - as the world caved in : matt maltese

tw. death and depressive language

.

RAIDEN TRULY BELIEVED in her ideals of eternity. Like her ideals, she never once wavered nor faltered in her beliefs. She wished to achieve perfection; the epitome of perpetual everlasting. As the Archon of Eternity, she made a promise to her people, that she would stand as the pillar— as a statement to time. To prove that she was indeed the one who can bring Inazuma to her idealized paradise.

Though no one could ever fully discern what exactly the presiding Raiden Shogun had to do to preserve her this absolute paragon. The desolation, the loneliness, the solitude— the pain that was losing everyone close to her.

Time passed as fast as the splits of thunder as Raiden casted down blows of lightning to strike down the foes of eternity. Through the many lonely and solitary years, the Electro Archon began to lose her reasoning to wield her blade.

What did she gain from this? Friends became foes, emotions turned blank; she, herself, began to lose sense of what she truly wanted with all of this.

Was it for the sake of her nation?

Was it for her own sake?

What sacrifices needed to be made for this?

She could still recall the faces of those she once called friend, especially you. She could recall your face with ease— the smiles, the melancholy, the tears, she recalls them all. Mortality ripped you from her, before she achieved her perfect state of Euthymia. You swore to see her to the end but sadly, mortals are fragile.

.

She's never met someone who could match her blow for blow until that moment she laid eyes upon you. The swift blade work, the precision, and timing— Ei was absolutely astonished that you were so talented in the art of sword mastery.

"Cut your foes before they can anticipate your next move. Think faster, move faster." You smiled joyously, steadying the wooden blade in your hand as Ei came at you with her own blade. Despite taking your advice to heart, Ei could never match your pacing and speed.