# "チャレンジ" ⤷ scaramouche

❝ you're too predictable ❞

 selected route ; チャレンジ (challenge)

. selected route ; チャレンジ (challenge)

scaramouche / balladeer (kunikuzushi). wanderer

. scenario - in which scaramouche ends up running into you after a humiliating defeat and you accidentally confess to him whilst arguing (requested!)

. music - challenge : lolo zouaï

tw. none

.

SCARAMOUCHE WAS FUMING. It was an understatement to say that he was mad- no, he was absolutely seething with anger.

Not only had you bested him in a fight, you had gone out of your way to invite a quarter of the Harbingers to watch the fight that he lost. As the Sixth Habringer, he held pride in his title but to lose to you? The Twelfth? Though Harbingers were ranked via seniority and not power, Scaramouche's vast knowledge in martial arts were highly regarded and yet he lost to you.

Childe, Signora, and Dottore teased him endlessly, having bore witness to the fight themselves. The aftermath was mortifying to deal with as news spread throughout Zapolyarny Palace like wildfire that you defeated Scaramouche in a fair fight. Now he walked through the frigid halls in humiliation, dreading for any Fatui agent to bring up his shameful loss. He had been avoiding you all day- in fear of being humiliated even more. But unfortunately for him, the fates wanted him to suffer even more.

"Oi! Balladeer!"

Scaramouche stopped in his tracks upon hearing the voice he dreaded called him out. Standing in the middle of the halls of Zapolyarny Palace was you, with hands firmly placed on your hips and a condescending smirk on your lips.

"What?" He spat venomously, glaring at you as you casually skipped past him with hands behind your back. You turned around, a cheeky grin relaxing the smirk. "You're purposely avoiding me."

"So what?" He rolled his eyes, as his hand drifted to the rim of his (frankly absurd) hat and flicked it up, lifting his chin up to maintain ground. You laughed, "you're embarrassed, huh?"

"I'll kill you," Scaramouche hissed, barring his teeth angrily. "Go ahead and try, Balladeer. But I think we both know who'd win in a fight since we just determined that earlier today." You mused, dancing around him.

"Why you-"

"What? Tell me I'm not wrong," You laughed hysterically, stopping before him to tease him. "I like it when you fight back," You whispered, reaching your hand out to gently stroke his face.

Scaramouche slapped your hand away, sneering at you. "Don't get cocky." He hissed, watching as you drew your hand close. You scoffed, rolling your eyes at him. "You're just jealous."

"Am not."

"Am so."

"This is pointless bicker, what do you even want from me?" Scaramouche folded his arms across his chest. You sighed, bringing your palm to your chin using your other arm to support it up. "I wanted to see you since you're clearly avoiding me." He grimaced at your words; you weren't wrong in that aspect.

"So? Why does it matter to you?" He said, full of spite and malice.

You pouted, "because I don't like to be ignored!" He clicked his tongue in distaste. "You bought this onto yourself." To which you threw your arms up in frustration. "Agh! Quit acting so childishly!"

"Hah! Says you!" Scaramouche laughed, watching as you get worked up from his comment.

"I'm just trying to be nice! Eesh! Is it so difficult for you to comprehend the feelings of someone who likes you?!" You yelled, face reddening as the realization of your words slipping out by accident settled in your mind. Scaramouche's amethyst eyes widened as the tips of his ears grew a dark shade of red. You desperately tried to remedy the situation but the damage had already been done.

"Oho~ I didn't know that you felt that way-" You cut him off, "SHUT UP! I-I... YOU DIDN'T HEAR THAT!" You shouted, fist clenched at your side as you raised your voice to interrupt anything he had to say. He merely chuckled, oh how the tables had turned against you.

"You're too predictable," Scaramouche smirked, his eyes scrutinizing you every passing moment. He took note of your flushed expression, the stutter in your speech and your rising and lowering of your chest as you frantically tried to calm yourself.

"S-says you! You're the one who lost!" You retorted, with an eye roll. "But it seems to me that I'm the only winner here." He teased, extending a hand out to lift your chin so he could look at your flushed complexion more clearly but you slapped his hand away. "I'll kick your ass again, Balladeer!"

"Is that your way of showing love?"

"Don't make me break your arm."

GOOD ENDING.

° NEXT UP . CHILDE / TARTAGLIA